Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4.5 Average
Tanks, Planes, Boats, Military Stuff
07-05-2011, 12:32 PM (This post was last modified: 07-05-2011 12:51 PM by Rey.)
RE: Tanks, Planes, Boats, Military Stuff
Well I was first introduced to WWII reenacting after attending a demonstration at a park in my county. They were having a small battle for the crowd, all dressed in period uniforms, shooting real period weapons (blanks of course but sound the same). I thought that was a pretty impressive display overall. Then I heard this rumbling sound, and cresting the nearby hill was a...Tiger tank. All I could think was, Woh! It came over the hill, stopped, and then the turret slowly started to rotate, and I'm thinking, are they going to shoot that thing? And then, "BOOM!", yes they did fire it, and the sound could be felt and made my hair move. Very impressive.

It was not a real Tiger tank, as they are very rare, but a replica. But it is THE actual Tiger tank used in the movie, "Saving Private Ryan", these guys bought it from the movie company.

That was it, they had me hooked. I have since joined the organization and am a reenactor myself. I last saw the Tiger at an event two years ago, not sure where it is going to appear again. Here is a clip of the tank from that last event (not my video):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7gq-7HXR3U

Wind in my hair, Shifting and drifting, Mechanical music, Adrenaline surge-
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tanks, Planes, Boats, Military Stuff - Rey - 07-05-2011 12:32 PM