Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Foods we can't stand ...
07-06-2011, 08:10 PM
RE: Foods we can't stand ...
Put me down for no organ meats as well.

You already know I don't like raw onions and green peppers.... I also dislike:

Brussels Sprouts, Sauerkraut, wasabi (I like my sushi nekkid), tamales (it's the texture of the masa), capers, pimento....

Luckily, most of those are condiments/seasoning.

... in a world where I feel so small I can't stop thinking big!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-06-2011, 08:58 PM
(07-06-2011 08:10 PM)Scythe Matters Wrote:  (I like my sushi nekkid)

I like it when you talk sexy...

Most of us are so caught up in life that we forget to live it.
07-06-2011, 09:04 PM
Did anyone else see Anthony Bourdain / "No Reservations" in Iceland?
What is the foul thing that is rotted shark? Tony was in a late-night party with a lot of other chefs, asking them about this... delicacy that Icelanders seem to love.
One chef said that it was pretty good - not bad at all.
Tony looked him right in the eye and said: "You are a lying bag of sh!t."

Most of us are so caught up in life that we forget to live it.
07-06-2011, 09:34 PM
(07-06-2011 09:04 PM)Mufasa Wrote:  Did anyone else see Anthony Bourdain / "No Reservations" in Iceland?
What is the foul thing that is rotted shark? Tony was in a late-night party with a lot of other chefs, asking them about this... delicacy that Icelanders seem to love.

Loooooves me some Bourdain.....mmmmm tall, bad-arse Tony....

ErrrUhhhhmm YEAH it was some kinda rotted shark "delicacy," I can only imagine the smell, texture...**ACK!**

Or there was the episode in Namibia where he eats overly-charred (and not very well cleaned) pig anus......WHAAAH....??! They musta paid him a scheiße load 'o' cash for him to choke that down.... sayin'.....

Blah blah blah....yada yada yada!
07-06-2011, 10:35 PM (This post was last modified: 07-06-2011 10:36 PM by Scythe Matters.)
(07-06-2011 08:58 PM)Mufasa Wrote:  
(07-06-2011 08:10 PM)Scythe Matters Wrote:  (I like my sushi nekkid)

I like it when you talk sexy...

Angel

And, yes, I remember that episode of Bourdain/No Reservations. Man, you could tell by looking that that stuff was nasty!!

... in a world where I feel so small I can't stop thinking big!
07-07-2011, 09:03 AM
I really dislike the "whole grain" movement/fad that taken over at the grocery store. They have taken some products, like breads and cereals, that we have enjoyed for years, and whole graindified them, so now they taste bad. I remember Cookie Crisp cereal used to be really good, it got whole grained, now its not so good. Things like bread and hot dog buns are becoming harder to find without the whole grain treatment. At least give us a choice.

I know, I know, its supposed to be healthier and all that, blah, blah, blah. But you know, I really can't tell a difference if I eat these whole grains. Its not like I start tingling all over, glance down at my body, and exclaim, "Ah, I can feel it working!" I can't tell a difference at all, other than it doesn't taste so good.

And that goes for the adding fiber to everything now too. They messed with Corn Pops cereal by adding fiber to it, and now it tastes bad. I hear they are going to drop Corn Pops now, did everyone stop buying it because you couldn't get it without the added fiber treatment?

Well-weathered leather, hot metal and oil, the scented country air..
07-07-2011, 09:07 AM
I am with you on this Rey, although in my case it`s load of Buccal Fractures on my poor worn out teeth - time and again I bite on something, snap a corner of my tooth has snapped off, dentist glues something back in its place, then snap another corner, but this time it has to be a crown.........Maybe it`s time to get measured up for my dentures Sad

Living the dream over here in Blighty
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-07-2011, 10:46 AM
(07-06-2011 09:34 PM)burma.girl Wrote:  
(07-06-2011 09:04 PM)Mufasa Wrote:  Did anyone else see Anthony Bourdain / "No Reservations" in Iceland?

Loooooves me some Bourdain.....mmmmm tall, bad-arse Tony....

ErrrUhhhhmm YEAH it was some kinda rotted shark "delicacy," I can only imagine the smell, texture...**ACK!**

Or there was the episode in Namibia where he eats overly-charred (and not very well cleaned) pig anus......WHAAAH....??! They musta paid him a scheiße load 'o' cash for him to choke that down.... sayin'.....

Bleah! Ew! I'm glad that I never saw those episodes!

A party without cake is really just a meeting
07-07-2011, 10:48 AM
(07-07-2011 09:03 AM)Rey Wrote:  I really dislike the "whole grain" movement/fad that taken over at the grocery store. They have taken some products, like breads and cereals, that we have enjoyed for years, and whole graindified them, so now they taste bad. I remember Cookie Crisp cereal used to be really good, it got whole grained, now its not so good. Things like bread and hot dog buns are becoming harder to find without the whole grain treatment. At least give us a choice.

I know, I know, its supposed to be healthier and all that, blah, blah, blah. But you know, I really can't tell a difference if I eat these whole grains. Its not like I start tingling all over, glance down at my body, and exclaim, "Ah, I can feel it working!" I can't tell a difference at all, other than it doesn't taste so good.

And that goes for the adding fiber to everything now too. They messed with Corn Pops cereal by adding fiber to it, and now it tastes bad. I hear they are going to drop Corn Pops now, did everyone stop buying it because you couldn't get it without the added fiber treatment?

I've bought those sugary cereals from childhood, thinking that I was going to introduce my kids to a treat. I was so disappointed!

A party without cake is really just a meeting
07-07-2011, 11:11 AM
I don't think any of the sugary cereals we had as a kid taste the same anymore...my kids have resorted to eating my Special K.