Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 2 Average
Ghetto Boys and Shedistas
02-11-2010, 04:57 PM
Ghetto Boys and Shedistas
Test w/mapquest attachments

Sacred cows make the best hamburgers.

I bought a doughnut and they gave me a receipt for the doughtnut... I don't need a receipt for the doughnut. I give you money and you give me the doughnut, end of transaction. We don't need to bring ink and paper into this. I can't imagine a scenario that I would have to prove that I bought a doughnut. To some skeptical friend, 'Don't even act like I didn't get that doughnut, I've got the documentation right here... It's in my file at home. ...Under "D".'
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-11-2010, 05:06 PM (This post was last modified: 04-26-2010 07:57 AM by Brutus.)
RE: Ghetto Boys and Shedistas
Test w/mapquest attachments
[/quote]

Kudos to Jay McInernery and his book, "A Hedonist in the Cellar: Adventures in Wine" for turning me on to this group of young California wine makers. Please read the attachment for details and websites for each stop along the way. I'm looking into other methods of posting maps including Garmin and Google maps. Any other suggestions would be appreciated. The following attachment has links to the various "lettered" stops you'll see on the map.

.doc  Santa Barbara County Wine Route.doc (Size: 31.5 KB / Downloads: 16) [quote='Brutus' pid='10' dateline='1265929071']

And here's the map and directions:

http://www.mapquest.com/my/private/123

Sometimes people are getting an error message when they try to open the mapquest attachment. I'm not sure why. Maybe they can only access these maps when I have my mapquest open on my desktop? Anyway, if the attachment does not work try highlighting the following and open it. Let me know if it works.

http://www.mapquest.com/mq/1-8MG4WAfb1IVNEpfn

I bought a doughnut and they gave me a receipt for the doughtnut... I don't need a receipt for the doughnut. I give you money and you give me the doughnut, end of transaction. We don't need to bring ink and paper into this. I can't imagine a scenario that I would have to prove that I bought a doughnut. To some skeptical friend, 'Don't even act like I didn't get that doughnut, I've got the documentation right here... It's in my file at home. ...Under "D".'
04-17-2010, 03:05 PM
Does anyone know that Tom Seaver has his own winery. I believe it is in Napa valley. It's a very young winery. I was looking into purchasing a bottle from the winery, but I believe you need to buy a case. I did not want a case just in case it's not that good. He only has 2 reds. the GTS and the Fancy Nancy. Can anyone tell me if they have tried these wines and if so how are they? Or if it is possible to purchase only one bottle. Any info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks
04-25-2010, 08:50 PM
Les Claypool is now making wine, as well! I'd love to try a sip, but his first batch of Purple Pachyderm sold out quickly.

http://www.claypoolcellars.com/
04-26-2010, 12:08 AM
(02-11-2010 05:06 PM)Brutus Wrote:  Test w/mapquest attachments

Kudos to Jay McInernery and his book, "A Hedonist in the Cellar: Adventures in Wine" for turning me on to this group of young California wine makers. Please read the attachment for details and websites for each stop along the way. I'm looking into other methods of posting maps including Garmin and Google maps. Any other suggestions would be appreciated. The following attachment has links to the various "lettered" stops you'll see on the map.

(02-11-2010 04:57 PM)Brutus Wrote:  And here's the map and directions:

http://www.mapquest.com/my/private/123

Sometimes people are getting an error message when they try to open the mapquest attachment. I'm not sure why. Maybe they can only access these maps when I have my mapquest open on my desktop? Anyway, if the attachment does not work try highlighting the following and open it. Let me know if it works.
I'm sorry, Brutus, but it doesn't work. Try to make a screenshot of your private map, and post that as a photo.

Ümläuts mäkës mëtäl heävÿ
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-07-2011, 07:08 AM
Brutus,

Out in the Santa Ynez valley, have you done the trek (loop) through Happy Canyon, then up and over Figueroa Mountain road (Ranger Peak) and then back to down to Los Olivos. Great in the spring when the wild flowers are in bloom. The views are always spectacular. This is also a very popular route with the cyclists. It is not uncommon to spot a pro-rider here during the off season.
04-17-2011, 02:38 PM
Just realized that the first time I saw the Pacific was just north of that route Brutus.
Rode from Bakersfield to S/L Obispo, Moro Bay, Hearst Castle, San Simeon... nearly to Big Sur when the rain and wind became
dangerous and we were forced to go home.
Did that on a restored 74' CB 750F Honda.

Most of us are so caught up in life that we forget to live it.
08-01-2011, 04:24 PM
Just reviving this thread for a new member....We aim to please..