Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Upcoming Smoking Projects
08-01-2015, 09:24 PM
RE: Upcoming Smoking Projects
As I type 1 brisket and 1 "green" picnic ham are to have rub applied and then put on the new smoker that Fireman and I purchased for ourselves. Our other smoker finally gave out. We figure that we had almost 10 years of wonderful smoked foods made on it.

"... always throw spilt salt over your left shoulder, keep rosemary by your garden gate, plant lavender for luck, and fall in love whenever you can..." Practical Magic
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-01-2015, 11:26 PM
Stage 1 brisket with our rub mixture. Forgot to get a photo of the pork.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

"... always throw spilt salt over your left shoulder, keep rosemary by your garden gate, plant lavender for luck, and fall in love whenever you can..." Practical Magic
08-02-2015, 05:02 PM
(08-01-2015 11:26 PM)2Beers Wrote:  Stage 1 brisket with our rub mixture. Forgot to get a photo of the pork.

A picture wouldn't do it justice!
Yum!

08-03-2015, 11:45 AM
Nice!

By "green" I'm assuming uncured?

To ask why we cook is to ask why the leaves fall...
08-04-2015, 06:01 AM
Yes, you are correct Sunset a uncured ham. Smile

08-04-2015, 05:31 PM
I just got a new smoker. Retiring the old Green Bullet style for an offset drum. Not the super cheap-o one, but not the high end either.
Nice heavy steel, when I assembled it I added the high-heat silicone on the firebox - main chamber join, and I'm thinking about putting a bead around the doors.
PLanning on doing a cure burn this week, and hopefully getting a couple rounds in in the next few weeks. I know I have a brisket I need to do early September, and for my birthday at the end, I'll have a few things going in there.