Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
String Theory: Alternate Universes?
07-21-2011, 10:30 PM
RE: String Theory: Alternate Universes?
(07-15-2011 09:01 PM)Mufasa Wrote:  Saying that you are out of your depth when speaking of a conversation with SBH is like telling someone about to be hit by a tidal wave that they may experience moisture.

Makes me think of sumpin' Sting said about performing with Elvis Costello: "When Elvis expresses himself vocally, there's a lot of moisture around...."

I once heard - OK I could have this TOTALLY WRONG but this is how I remember it so correct me if necessary - that Carl Sagan said there are more stars in the sky than there are grains of sand on Earth, and how ignorant it would be to assume that human beings were the only "intelligent" [my quotes] life form that existed.

Keeping this theory in mind, one summer when my eldest was a few years younger than she is now, we were laying in a hammock enjoying balmy breezes and the pretty blue sky. I broached to her the notion that "somewhere up there" was a little girl exactly like her, sharing a hammock with HER Momma exactly like me, staring straight back at us. What would she [human daughter] like to say to her "space sister?" We proceeded to have a conversation with our "other selves," and it truly is one of the best memories (so far) that I have with her.

String theory?! Like others, waaaay beyond my brain capacity. My universe and reality is created by simple, everyday decisions about how I feel is the right way to treat other human beings and hope they reciprocate. Pray that I'm doin' right by my kiddos. And keeping my mind open to the endless possibilities.....

"Here endeth the lesson."

Blah blah blah....yada yada yada!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: String Theory: Alternate Universes? - burma.girl - 07-21-2011 10:30 PM