Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Count Drumula!
07-20-2011, 08:39 PM
Count Drumula!
Ohhh.Emmm.Geeeee.

NEP and STEWART feckkin' COPELAND, my two most favorite drummers in the whole wide world in the same room, jammin' for my viewing/listening pleasure???!

I think I just died & went to heaven.....

However, dem lyrics...a little heavy & cerebral.....those guyz really need to loosen up and just chill.....Big Grin

Blah blah blah....yada yada yada!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-21-2011, 09:12 AM
RE: Count Drumula!
Looks like they were having a great time!!
07-21-2011, 04:10 PM
When I first saw this post, I thought, "What in the world is she talking about."
Someone posted about it on therushforum this morning with a link.
My bad.
That was very cool to watch, and yes, it looked like they were having fun!

07-21-2011, 05:24 PM
Neat! I hope I can remember these lyrics as they seem quite cerebral.
07-22-2011, 05:41 AM
Made me think of some 80s music. I have to say I did expect a little more lyrically. What happened to 5,6,7,and 9? All present and no mention? Tongue
I sure would like to see more of that in the future. In a world of technology compensating for lack of talent, it's very nice to see talent take the lead again.

Oh Bleat!
07-22-2011, 06:15 AM
Well went to see this jam session, and to be brutally honest wished I hadn`t. If it was not for the fact that I have heard great stuff from these people before, I would have thought it was a bunch of kids in their Dad`s garage limbering up for their first ever rehearsal.

It sounded awful........sorry; I know I will get flamed for this, but...........

Living the dream over here in Blighty
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-22-2011, 07:07 AM
(07-22-2011 06:15 AM)NWoBHM Wrote:  Well went to see this jam session, and to be brutally honest wished I hadn`t. If it was not for the fact that I have heard great stuff from these people before, I would have thought it was a bunch of kids in their Dad`s garage limbering up for their first ever rehearsal.

It sounded awful........sorry; I know I will get flamed for this, but...........

How dare you! You cannot criticize the...well not here anyway...

<Rey fuels up his flame thrower>

Anybody got a light?

Well-weathered leather, hot metal and oil, the scented country air..
07-22-2011, 07:22 AM (This post was last modified: 07-22-2011 07:24 AM by NWoBHM.)
Hi Rey, yikes what`s that in your hands, it looks just like a Flammenwerfer 35? aaaaaaaaaaarrrrgggggggghhh Run away....

Yes sorry to all Grillers about my post, but I honestly didn`t get it (the music), and just because they are world renowned artists doesn`t mean you can`t say, "you know what, I think that track sucks", does it?

It`s a bit of Emporers new clothing, because it is Bubba therefore it must be good - I listen a hell of a lot to Led Zep`s In Through the Outdoor, Track 1 In the Evening (fantastic, although Bonzo is not trying in any of the fills - he does correct this live at Knebworth with flying colours), Track 2 South Bound Saurez, (oh dear there is something wrong with my CD, I thought I purchased Led Zep, Track 3 Fool in The Rain fantastic, great drumming, great groove, not a heavy track, but great like it, Track 4, Hotdog, YIKES my CD has really gone wrong now, what a pile of rubbish, and the rest OK ish.

I love Zep, I love Bonham, but occasionally somethings should not be released.......

I read about a US band where the fans will eat you alive if you dare to dissent their music, and some unfortunate people who say "they don`t really like it", and are told by the fans, "listen to it, and keep listening to it until you do - if you don`t like it there must be something seriously wrong with you", and the poor twerps come back, "yeah, I have listened to it now maybe 100 times, and I am getting into it - but only when I am stoned".........

That was all I was thinking really....

To end on a positive note, it was great to see Bubba behind a TAMA again (I think I saw a Tama badge anyway).

Living the dream over here in Blighty
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-22-2011, 07:28 AM
Hey, you're an expert...you would know...not that others here aren't.

Yes, it's just cool to see those guys together...Copeland and Bubba for sure. I don't really know who the rest of those people are.

07-22-2011, 07:45 AM
Gotta remember that when Bubba takes on a project, he practices endlessly until he's got it just *so*. Sense I get with this Count Drumula thing is that it was put together very quickly, like maybe in an afternoon, so it hasn't got that polished sound and feel that the rest of Bubba's projects have.

That's my theory and I'm sticking to it.

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain