Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Buffalo Chicken Wing Soup
11-17-2014, 09:54 AM (This post was last modified: 11-17-2014 09:58 AM by LiveToCook.)
RE: Buffalo Chicken Wing Soup
Whooopi, I am on vacation, no paperwork to do... As Sunset suggested, yogurt, or you could go guacamole. For soups, I like to whip either the yogurt or guacamole and if I want to impress, I will make the preparation with a pressurized whipper (used for whipped cream that you pressurize with a N2O (nitrous oxyde) cartridge). Make sure if you do the last, that you fine screen everything to prevent blockages of the orifice in the interior. Hum, a pressurized container filled with cream like stuff, unscrew to unblock and you will have this concoction all over you, the walls, ceiling, guess and everything in sight, had this wonderful experience in a restaurant once (I was not the operator) and believe me, Mrs. LTC smelled of whipped cream (sour) for the rest of the evening as the weather was hot... Cheap dinner that night, but a shower and clean clothes would have been a serious option before going to a show. We did get some weird stares!!! Again, as a trick, when making sugared whipped cream, use powdered sugar instead of granulated. On the final, this procedure will create an ''island'' on the surface of the soup and will be ''cute'' looking.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-17-2014, 01:25 PM
(11-17-2014 09:54 AM)LiveToCook Wrote:  (used for whipped cream that you pressurize with a N2O (nitrous oxyde) cartridge).

As a bonus when using this method...you probably won't care how the soup turns out. Or what's in it...or what day it is for that matter.

One for you, and two for me...

One for you, and twoljka feirfgf jjl pewopiwpo...Big Grin

To ask why we cook is to ask why the leaves fall...
11-24-2014, 11:33 AM
(11-16-2014 09:07 PM)Sunset Wrote:  
(11-15-2014 10:44 PM)frippy Wrote:  This looks really good. Instead of sour cream could I use something else or just skip all together? My hubby has a sensitivity to sour cream.

Cheers,

frippy
I'd try Greek yogurt. If it doesn't blend well, then perhaps whole buttermilk.

G'luck...

Thanks for the tip. I think I will try the yogurt as the consistency is closer to the sour cream.
11-24-2014, 02:35 PM
Always a pleasure...hope it works for ya.

To ask why we cook is to ask why the leaves fall...