Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Lunch anyone?
10-03-2012, 02:20 PM (This post was last modified: 10-03-2012 02:35 PM by Sunset.)
RE: Lunch anyone?
(03-01-2012 05:13 PM)Rey Wrote:  I had a really different type of lunch today. Beans on Toast.

Decades ago, when I was a mischievous trouble-making punk, my pops rented the little bungalow next door to the most lovely British couple one could imagine. They hailed from Aylesbury Bucks, and she would make me beans on toast, bubble&squeek, yorkshire pudding(which I now carry the tradition onward), trifle, etc, etc... Said my punkish ways reminded her of her own son lol

Beans on toast was a great way to start the day!Smile

(10-03-2012 02:14 PM)Rey Wrote:  Yes, looks pretty good. Paper plate eating in front of the keyboard is pretty funny too, I've done that.

A guy's gotta do what a guy's gotta do.

I've been in the office, at this desk, 25 days straight with another 28 or so to go.

After that...sweeeeeet freedom.

To ask why we cook is to ask why the leaves fall...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-15-2013, 09:01 AM
(04-10-2012 05:37 AM)Markus Awreallyus Wrote:  Ole' Mole',
Chicken Mole' at a place called 'Cinco De Mayo' in Toledo, one mile north of the Airport on 2. It was fabulous. Finger lickin good w/ home made corn tortillas too! Lunch on Easter Sunday.

After a couple years of pestering I have convinced Ramone, our friendly Mexican restauranteur to put Mole' on the menu.
He says,
"Marcos, I make the chicken w/ Mole' salsa and pablano pepper. I serve with rice, beans and tortillas. I put on new menu for you"
I say "Gracias!"
Un momento de gran satisfacion! Wink

"Listen...Jump on a moonbeam and rise, ride it, glide it all the way"
09-04-2014, 02:23 PM
My shipping clerk's wifey brought these in today for us office dwellers...magnificent chile rellenos!
He says she'd screw up boxed mac&cheese when they first married 5yrs ago. That may be so, but clearly her learning curve is almost vertical...today, the woman's a minor deity in my book!

[Image: food272_zps879dc8fc.jpg]

09-04-2014, 05:40 PM
That relleno looks as good as my favorite in Santa Barbara. I found a place called Carlito's on the way to visit relatives in San Luis Obispo. They had a chile relleno en caldo that was spectacular! Sadly, here in AZ, most rellenos are overcooked in an egg almost like a very thin omelette. Icky.

If I'd known you were French, I'd have worn galoshes...
09-05-2014, 09:02 AM
^^^Looks like chef Jose Sanchez is still rockin' the grill @ Carlitos...

http://www.carlitos.com/

And sure enough...still serving up the rellenos en caldo too! http://www.carlitos.com/img/CarlitosFullMenu.pdf

09-09-2014, 01:27 PM
(09-05-2014 09:02 AM)Sunset Wrote:  ^^^Looks like chef Jose Sanchez is still rockin' the grill @ Carlitos...

http://www.carlitos.com/

And sure enough...still serving up the rellenos en caldo too! http://www.carlitos.com/img/CarlitosFullMenu.pdf

It's nice to know that delicious food remains when so many places have gone under! Last time I was there was many, many years ago when one of my sons and I drove up for my aunt's funeral. It was raining like crazy out and that relleno really hit the spot!

If I'd known you were French, I'd have worn galoshes...
10-02-2014, 01:50 PM
Hecho con mano enchiladas de papas con tomatillo/cilantro picoso y queso fresco...

[Image: food289_zpsaaec5a25.jpg]

Que rico buey!

10-03-2014, 12:35 PM
Mmmmmm in any language.

"... always throw spilt salt over your left shoulder, keep rosemary by your garden gate, plant lavender for luck, and fall in love whenever you can..." Practical Magic
10-03-2014, 02:17 PM
Yeah, that plate was crying out for an ice cold Bohemia. Didn't indulge though...not because I'm above enjoying a frosty adult beverage at the desk, rather because I simply didn't have one in captivity lol.Big Grin