Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Free language lessons
04-24-2010, 04:28 PM
Lightbulb Free language lessons
Got this from Lifehacker.

The US Foreign Service has language lessons, all public domain, that can be downloaded in PDF and audio files for free.

So if you've ever had the desire to learn a foreign language but never wanted the expense or classroom time, this might be a good bet.

FSI Language Courses

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-24-2010, 05:20 PM
RE: Free language lessons
(04-24-2010 04:28 PM)old honda rider Wrote:  Got this from Lifehacker.

The US Foreign Service has language lessons, all public domain, that can be downloaded in PDF and audio files for free.

So if you've ever had the desire to learn a foreign language but never wanted the expense or classroom time, this might be a good bet.

FSI Language Courses

Thanks for the info! This is something I could really use.
04-24-2010, 09:32 PM
Very cool! Thanks for the information.

I have the Pimsleur Approach for Irish and Swedish.
04-25-2010, 07:33 AM
Thanks for the tip. Looks like I may be having to brush up on my Portugese...

Sacred cows make the best hamburgers.

I bought a doughnut and they gave me a receipt for the doughtnut... I don't need a receipt for the doughnut. I give you money and you give me the doughnut, end of transaction. We don't need to bring ink and paper into this. I can't imagine a scenario that I would have to prove that I bought a doughnut. To some skeptical friend, 'Don't even act like I didn't get that doughnut, I've got the documentation right here... It's in my file at home. ...Under "D".'
04-25-2010, 07:53 AM
(04-25-2010 07:33 AM)Brutus Wrote:  Thanks for the tip. Looks like I may be having to brush up on my Portugese...
You & Bubba heading to Portugal? Or Brazil? I can't speak for Brazil, but had a wonderful time in Portugal. Great people, exquisite food, mild weather... but driving/riding there is, well, a challenge.

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain
06-10-2011, 01:34 PM
(04-24-2010 04:28 PM)old honda rider Wrote:  Got this from Lifehacker.

FSI Language Courses

I love your quote. Brilliant!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user