Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Pesto, Pesto, PESTO!!!
08-24-2011, 09:04 AM
RE: Pesto, Pesto, PESTO!!!
That`s a nice web site - thanks Brutus. I took a look at the lamb curry on the site (a dish I try and fail with most Friday`s, although getting closer these last few attempts), and that looks do-able. I will try again next Friday (off to the coast this weekend).

Living the dream over here in Blighty
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-24-2011, 08:55 PM
Not at all, HG Smile

Ice cubes of pesto... brilliant, Brutus!

... in a world where I feel so small I can't stop thinking big!
Find all posts by this user
08-25-2011, 08:55 AM
Thats not the first time I've heard of someone cubing the pesto. We tried that about 4 years ago, and it worked great. I like mine a bit finer, but I use bleu cheese and tomatos when I spread it on the baguettes.

Unfortunately we had no garden this year - so I have to go find basil this year.

Primary Principle - "It must NEVER be my fault"
08-25-2011, 09:04 AM
Tan ice cubes Coriander to add an almost fresh coriander flavour to curry.

Living the dream over here in Blighty
08-26-2011, 01:42 PM (This post was last modified: 08-26-2011 01:43 PM by Brutus.)
I've seen recipes where they used coriander/cilantro or parsley instead of the basil. Haven't tried it myself but I bet the first would be good in some Indian curry (almonds instead of pine nuts?). Maybe a Tikka Masala or that style. Tan ice cubes? When I suggested 2 cubes for 3 people, that's because I like just a light coating of pesto on my pasta. Sort of like a simple dish I serve up with just olive oil, garlic and Reggiano to toss my pasta in...oops, sorry Bubba..."in which I toss my pasta". This is probably a whole new thread (go ahead and start one) but I've been so entertained by letters back and forth between Lerxst and Bubba wherein the write in what I can best described as a phonetic style. Speling is not important as long as the message is obveeus. I used to work for a guy named Mike ( we called him Mikey) and he was an excitable boy. Hair trigger temper meant to intimidate but just a pussy (cat) when confronted. Myself and "the guys at work" were forever leaving messages written with a Sharpie on all sorts of stuff for him to discover when we did our installs (long story) at various job sites. One I still remember I must give credit to my very good friend John:

"My key is sofa king reed hearted"

Sorry folks! I just couldn't resist. And although I probably deserve it, please don`t ban me...a warning will do

B

Sacred cows make the best hamburgers.

I bought a doughnut and they gave me a receipt for the doughtnut... I don't need a receipt for the doughnut. I give you money and you give me the doughnut, end of transaction. We don't need to bring ink and paper into this. I can't imagine a scenario that I would have to prove that I bought a doughnut. To some skeptical friend, 'Don't even act like I didn't get that doughnut, I've got the documentation right here... It's in my file at home. ...Under "D".'
08-26-2011, 02:28 PM
(08-26-2011 01:42 PM)Brutus Wrote:  "My key is sofa king reed hearted"

Sorry folks! I just couldn't resist. And although I probably deserve it, please don`t ban me...a warning will do

B

Warning?! OK ladies....Bagel, RN you string him up by the hands and feet and Nettie & I will take turns with wet noodle lashings.

(Waaaaiiiiit a sec.....that may not be fair warning for him after all.....)

Strike that....NWo, NBC, trade places with Bagel/RN. BOOMER, MUFFY, lash away....in your Maple Leaf thongs Big Grin

Blah blah blah....yada yada yada!
08-26-2011, 03:07 PM

TOO FUNNY!
08-26-2011, 10:02 PM
(08-26-2011 03:07 PM)Patty Wrote:  

TOO FUNNY!

I must be tired. I had to read that about 4 times before I got it.

Sofa king hill hairy us.

08-26-2011, 11:09 PM
(08-26-2011 10:02 PM)nettiesaur Wrote:  
(08-26-2011 03:07 PM)Patty Wrote:  

TOO FUNNY!

I must be tired. I had to read that about 4 times before I got it.

Sofa king hill hairy us.

"Hill faux king airy us" is right!! Poor "My Key". Brutus, did he ever GET it?
08-27-2011, 01:16 AM
(08-26-2011 02:28 PM)burma.girl Wrote:  

B

Warning?! OK ladies....Bagel, RN you string him up by the hands and feet and Nettie & I will take turns with wet noodle lashings.

(Waaaaiiiiit a sec.....that may not be fair warning for him after all.....)

Strike that....NWo, NBC, trade places with Bagel/RN. BOOMER, MUFFY, lash away....in your Maple Leaf thongs Big Grin

[Image: MotivatorBrainBleach.jpg]

Hey Brutus, if you like Thai flavors, might I suggest a "pesto" made with Thai basil, surachi, sesame oil and peanuts? I make that for Mr. Matters and he loves it!!

Um... you're saying that Bubba and Lerxst (happy birthday!) communicate in LOL speek? Big Grin

... in a world where I feel so small I can't stop thinking big!