Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Peach Crisp
08-06-2011, 10:13 AM
Peach Crisp
Some time ago I shared by apple crisp recipe which always gets rave reviews.

With peach season upon us and the endless baskets of this fuzzy fruit everywhere you look, I'm going to try it using peaches rather than apples. Recipe will remain the same except I'm going to use 8 peaches rather than 4 apples.

The biggest PITA of making apple crisp is skinning the apples. But with peaches, I have heard that if you blanch them first the skins come off very easily. See How To Skin Peaches.

Will report back with how it all works out. Stay tuned!

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-06-2011, 10:17 AM
RE: Peach Crisp
Yep...blanch the peaches and skin comes right off. I used to can peaches many years ago when I had the time. Very easy to do!
08-06-2011, 10:28 PM
RE: Peach Crisp
Yummmmmmm! Sounds great!
It did just occor to me OHR, I bet those peaches will be very juicy when they cook, so you might want to toss them with a little corn starch or flour before you put them in the pan.
Otherwise it might end up soupy....

"Life ain't like books.
Books got somebody writin' 'em and tryin' to entertain ya.
Life is more like a set of Legos.
Unless you take care of 'em, you lose a few pieces and you end up steppin' on 'em with bare feet.
You gotta take care of your life."
~Laura Moncur