Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Problems after posting?
08-08-2011, 09:27 PM
RE: Problems after posting?
I have no problems viewing new replies to this post thus far.

The bar thread? Well, not so lucky. I have to use the 'new reply' button to see new posts to the thread, and even that's limited to just a handful.

Perhaps the glitch lies within the size of the thread?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-09-2011, 07:32 AM
Perhaps, it may take a while to load.

08-09-2011, 08:41 AM (This post was last modified: 01-30-2012 02:28 PM by Rey.)
(08-09-2011 07:32 AM)nettiesaur Wrote:  Perhaps, it may take a while to load.

Its happening to lots of people. Its already been talked about over in the bar, and now documented here in its own thread. All the obvious, easy solutions have already been tried. Its not because its taking a while to load.

Your reply earlier to this problem in the Bar:
(07-28-2011 08:53 PM)nettiesaur Wrote:  Hmm, the tech guys will have to go after this one. I'm out of answers.

The above is the best course of action. I hope it can be worked out and a real solution found.

Well-weathered leather, hot metal and oil, the scented country air..
08-09-2011, 08:38 PM
(08-09-2011 08:41 AM)Rey Wrote:  

Its happening to lots of people. Its already been talked about over in the bar, and now documented here in its own thread. All the obvious, easy solutions have already been tried. Its not because its taking a while to load.

(07-28-2011 08:53 PM)nettiesaur Wrote:  Hmm, the tech guys will have to go after this one. I'm out of answers.

The above is the best course of action. I'm sure a bill is being paid by the powers that be to have this forum. So it is reasonable to expect that the forum should function properly and not have problems that frustrate readers and posters. I hope it can be worked out and a real solution found.

I mentioned it taking a while to load, because sometimes it takes a moment or two on my computer for a section of the forum to load when I click on it.
I'll get the menu, without the list of threads, and then, a short time later, the list of threads.

We've (the admins)been discussing this in p.m.'s and the techs will have to take a look at this. You all are being taken seriously. I just wanted you all to know that.

08-09-2011, 08:51 PM
We're being taken seriously? Ugh. That sucks.
08-09-2011, 08:57 PM
(08-09-2011 08:38 PM)nettiesaur Wrote:  
(08-09-2011 08:41 AM)Rey Wrote:  

The above is the best course of action. I'm sure a bill is being paid by the powers that be to have this forum. So it is reasonable to expect that the forum should function properly and not have problems that frustrate readers and posters. I hope it can be worked out and a real solution found.

I mentioned it taking a while to load, because sometimes it takes a moment or two on my computer for a section of the forum to load when I click on it.
I'll get the menu, without the list of threads, and then, a short time later, the list of threads.

We've (the admins)been discussing this in p.m.'s and the techs will have to take a look at this. You all are being taken seriously. I just wanted you all to know that.

I really appreciate that, I do apologize if my post above was a little, um, stern. Blush It just seemed like we were going around in circles about it. This problem has been happening to me for quite a while, it used to be only one post on a new page wouldn't show up, but it has steadily become worse so now several posts are hidden until the new page appears visible, so it has become more and more difficult to follow the forum.

Well-weathered leather, hot metal and oil, the scented country air..
08-09-2011, 08:58 PM
(08-09-2011 08:51 PM)Snapdad Wrote:  We're being taken seriously? Ugh. That sucks.

Well, once in a while...

08-10-2011, 11:43 PM
It happened to me just now. Huh

... in a world where I feel so small I can't stop thinking big!
11-24-2011, 12:49 PM
sorry to come in on this thread and whine, but what happened to the techs, are they still on vacation? I haven't been on here long and it's already very annoying to me. I did the preview post thing and it works, and I can see all the latest post on the thread but still I can't reply to them so it can't be the delay in the loading page thing. Although it seems it's the threads with many posts that have this problem. Don't know if it's a browser thing, I'm using Firefox. Maybe we can get down to it by trying diferent browsers and see if it's that. Are YOU having this problem or not. please tell what browser you're using to help narrow this bug. I got Chrome and Explorer installed also. Going to try them and get back to you on that.

Firefox 8.0=Problem.
11-24-2011, 01:14 PM
(11-24-2011 12:49 PM)Perzon Wrote:  Firefox 8.0=Problem.

Explorer 9=Problem
Google chrome, version?=Problem

So it seems it's not the browser either.
Anyone not having this problem please report.

Maybe it's just the threads getting to long and it can't be fixed without remaking the whole site. Maybe the only answer to the problem is starting a new thread on the topic when it gets to long?

I noticed that when i replied on a thread, all the lost post showed up. hmmmmmm?????

Just trying to help and I feel very lonely in here today, guess you´re all on thanksgiving dinner with your familys. Enjoy your time with them and the Turkey. Hope you bring some back to me. Wink