Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Problems after posting?
11-26-2011, 09:23 AM (This post was last modified: 11-26-2011 09:27 AM by Perzon.)
RE: Problems after posting?
(11-26-2011 08:14 AM)nettiesaur Wrote:  Hmm, some sort of fix is in. I can see the last post in the shorter threads now.
The long ones still are a problem if I'm not signed in.
I'm using Firefox, but I clean out my history every couple of weeks. It has made a difference.
Have any of the rest of you cleaned out your history? Perzon, you just joined, so that probably isn't the problem for you.
I'm just curious of course. I'm not a tech, just noticing what worked for me.
I don't have problems with shorter threads, only the long ones. Maybe we could narrow it down to solve this, but it seems it's not going in that direction, just gets more confusing.. Huh

(11-26-2011 08:53 AM)RN-PRN Wrote:  I use Firefox and don't see any of the issues the others do. No clue... I can fix a person, but when it comes to things with wires forget it!!
I also use firefox, but i got the problem. And i wonder, can you fix a Perzon? Cool
(11-26-2011 09:11 AM)old honda rider Wrote:  Using Windows 7 Version 6.1 (Build 7601: Service Pack 1), Chrome v 15.0.874.121 m

Frankly, I've no idea what most of that means but here it is anyway.

Same OS as me and I tried the same browser and still having the problem. Strange. Maybe it's an issue with Javascript.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-26-2011, 09:27 AM
(11-26-2011 09:23 AM)Perzon Wrote:  
(11-26-2011 08:14 AM)nettiesaur Wrote:  Hmm, some sort of fix is in. I can see the last post in the shorter threads now.
I'm using Firefox, but I clean out my history every couple of weeks. It has made a difference.
Have any of the rest of you cleaned out your history? Perzon, you just joined, so that probably isn't the problem for you.
I don't have problems with shorter threads, only the long ones. Maybe we could narrow it down to solve this, but it seems it's not going in that direction, just gets more confusing.. Huh

(11-26-2011 08:53 AM)RN-PRN Wrote:  I use Firefox and don't see any of the issues the others do. No clue... I can fix a person, but when it comes to things with wires forget it!!
I also use firefox, but i got the problem. And i wonder, can you fix a Perzon? Cool
I can't fix a Perzon, but I suggest a computer fix: cleaning out your history. I stopped having problems when I did.

Running Windows Vista(yeah, I should go to 7, it'll happen) and whatever Firefox version my computer told me to a week or so ago.

11-26-2011, 09:31 AM
(11-26-2011 09:27 AM)nettiesaur Wrote:  I can't fix a Perzon, but I suggest a computer fix: cleaning out your history. I stopped having problems when I did.

Running Windows Vista(yeah, I should go to 7, it'll happen) and whatever Firefox version my computer told me to a week or so ago.

I'll try that Nettie, get back to you as soon as. Need to take a nap first. Sleepy Hope this works, thank you so far. Wink
11-26-2011, 10:24 AM
(11-26-2011 09:23 AM)Perzon Wrote:  

I'm sure I could.. Wink
11-26-2011, 01:04 PM
(11-26-2011 09:31 AM)Perzon Wrote:  
(11-26-2011 09:27 AM)nettiesaur Wrote:  I can't fix a Perzon, but I suggest a computer fix: cleaning out your history. I stopped having problems when I did.

I'll try that Nettie, get back to you as soon as. Need to take a nap first. Sleepy Hope this works, thank you so far. Wink

You are a great gal Nettie.Heart Cleaned out my history and now I can't find any thread that doesn't work. We don't need any tech, we got a Nettiesaur, and that's much better.
Thanks for your help and now we now what the problem is, if anyone else is annoyed and getting annoying to the admins.. Wink

(11-26-2011 10:24 AM)RN-PRN Wrote:  
(11-26-2011 09:23 AM)Perzon Wrote:  I also use firefox, but i got the problem. And i wonder, can you fix a Perzon? Cool

I'm sure I could.. Wink

So now we only got one problem left. Undecided
"I need a fix 'cause I'm going down"
11-26-2011, 02:38 PM
So now we know the fix people, clean out your history in your browser.

Rey! Oh REY!

I hope it works for you!

11-26-2011, 04:38 PM (This post was last modified: 11-26-2011 04:46 PM by Rey.)
(11-26-2011 02:38 PM)nettiesaur Wrote:  So now we know the fix people, clean out your history in your browser.

Rey! Oh REY!

I hope it works for you!

Huh, what? Oh! Excuse me I was shining my many medals, they are quite brilliant.
Hmmmm, I seem to remember this was already tried before, but here goes.
Firefox: cleared out cache and history, nope still cannot see last post in the Need some Swaggabomb thread.
Also can't see latest posts in "The Bar"
Internet Explorer: Cleared out cache, still cannot Scythe Matter's last post in Swaggabomb thread.

(you should see my new epaulettes, they are very stunning)

Well-weathered leather, hot metal and oil, the scented country air..
11-26-2011, 05:08 PM
(11-26-2011 04:38 PM)Rey Wrote:  
(11-26-2011 02:38 PM)nettiesaur Wrote:  So now we know the fix people, clean out your history in your browser.

Rey! Oh REY!

I hope it works for you!

Huh, what? Oh! Excuse me I was shining my many medals, they are quite brilliant.
Hmmmm, I seem to remember this was already tried before, but here goes.
Firefox: cleared out cache and history, nope still cannot see last post in the Need some Swaggabomb thread.
Also can't see latest posts in "The Bar"
Internet Explorer: Cleared out cache, still cannot Scythe Matter's last post in Swaggabomb thread.

(you should see my new epaulettes, they are very stunning)

Hmmm. I can't see that either. Thought it was fixed for me, I tried a lot of diferent long threads just after i cleared the cache and history and all seemed fine.
Maybe it was a lucky shot and that i hit those that did work at the moment. I will try again soon. Going to check both before and after to be sure which ones work or not.
Or maybe i'll just give up, feels like I'm annoying everyoone with my whining, but it would be cool if we could get down to it.
Just wanna help make this bar even better. (If that's possible) Cool
My intentions are good, hope that counts for something. Blush

Give me one of those medals Rey, I deserve one, that one with the red star is cool, will suit my striped belt nicely. Wink
11-26-2011, 06:30 PM (This post was last modified: 11-27-2011 11:29 AM by Nettie.)
Rey, it may be since your OS is old, it is the problem, can you upload Google chrome? OHR doesn't have any of the problems that the rest of us were seeing, and that's what he is running.

The fix works for those of us with Vista or Windows 7.

Perzon, I still have trouble with the longer threads, but not the shorter ones, and only when I'm not signed in.

Maybe Google Chrome is the answer for this, but I understand that it also has some problems too.

Perzon, you are not annoying. We found one possible fix because of you.

11-29-2011, 12:47 PM (This post was last modified: 11-29-2011 12:49 PM by Rey.)
(11-26-2011 06:30 PM)nettiesaur Wrote:  Rey, it may be since your OS is old, it is the problem,

Yes, my operating system is old, as I am old, and tired. My attempt at a Bar & Grill coup d'├ętat has failed. I will take off my big helmet, black cape, and shiny medals, hang my head in shame, and go home. I will be good, and cause no more trouble. But, do not fix the posting problems for me, for I am a lost cause, fix them instead for the new people, who are confused at where their posts are, for they are the future of the great Bar & Grill, may it live for a thousand years...

Well-weathered leather, hot metal and oil, the scented country air..