Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Bacon-Pickerel balls
08-29-2011, 06:54 AM
Bacon-Pickerel balls
Cut pickerel (walleye) fillets into small strips. Dip in milk and coat with your favourite dry seasoning. I prefer "fish Crisp Cajun". Roll into balls about the size of a chicken ball. Cut thinly sliced bacon in half and wrap around fish. Stick a tooth pick in and grill until bacon is crispy.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-29-2011, 08:50 AM
RE: Bacon-Pickerel balls
That sounds like a great camping snack! I wonder if perch would work? We have a bunch from a recent trip to Lake Erie, seems that perch and walleye are similar, flavor-wise.....

Blah blah blah....yada yada yada!
08-29-2011, 12:14 PM
(08-29-2011 08:50 AM)burma.girl Wrote:  That sounds like a great camping snack! I wonder if perch would work? We have a bunch from a recent trip to Lake Erie, seems that perch and walleye are similar, flavor-wise.....

I bet it's just as good. If you do not want to grill them, it's also really good done in a cast iron pan.
08-29-2011, 09:42 PM
Would you believe I read this as "Bacon and Pickle Balls"?

And then my mind actually imagined that as a treat....?

I neeeeeed Bacon and Pickle Balls.....must have........Ummmmm

Dammit! Is there nowhere in Cowfart where a person can get himself a feed of bacon and pickle balls?

B?

Sacred cows make the best hamburgers.

I bought a doughnut and they gave me a receipt for the doughtnut... I don't need a receipt for the doughnut. I give you money and you give me the doughnut, end of transaction. We don't need to bring ink and paper into this. I can't imagine a scenario that I would have to prove that I bought a doughnut. To some skeptical friend, 'Don't even act like I didn't get that doughnut, I've got the documentation right here... It's in my file at home. ...Under "D".'
08-29-2011, 10:52 PM
Cravin' pickles and bacon, Brute? Is there sumpin' we should know...?!
Either somebody's preggers, or has a serious case of the munchies....Big Grin

Blah blah blah....yada yada yada!
08-31-2011, 07:57 AM
I guess you could deep fry pickles then wrap in bacon and grill...oh hell anything wrapped in bacon or prosciutto would be good. I'd prawley eat the arse on a skunk wrapped in bacon.
Well I'm going fishing again this weekend for "pickerel" at the cottage wish me luck.