Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Bubba's Drumming Hats
08-31-2011, 06:34 AM
RE: Bubba's Drumming Hats
onebad - our thoughts are with you are your wife!

Primary Principle - "It must NEVER be my fault"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-31-2011, 08:49 AM (This post was last modified: 08-31-2011 08:54 AM by Onebad70ss.)
(08-31-2011 12:26 AM)Scythe Matters Wrote:  Oh, I'm sorry onebad.... how stupid of me! Best healing wishes to your wife. Heart

No worries SM...

Like Mrs one bad and I have often discussed - we have to keep it light and inject as much laughter and humor into our lives as possible. Do keep up the good natured activity and well wishes...

Cheers:
Stephen
(08-31-2011 06:34 AM)boomer Wrote:  onebad - our thoughts are with you are your wife!

Thank you Boomer, you big ol' softy...

Now cut it out now, you're going to make me cry..

But honestly Boomer - thank you and your wife very much
for your kind thoughts - We have an appointment with the Oncologist
on Sept. 6th to find out what their game plan is this time.

Give Mrs. B a big hug for us..

Cheers:
Stephen
Find all posts by this user
08-31-2011, 10:16 PM
Hey onebad... there is an herb that is useful during chemo (not that one... well, yeah that one but another, too) called astragalus. It is an immune system booster. It's been shown to work well for cancer patients and is generally well-tolerated.

http://www.canceractive.com/cancer-activ...aspx?n=536

The American Cancer Society agrees: http://www.cancer.org/Treatment/Treatmen...astragalus

Also, cat’s claw,pau d'aco, turmeric and echinacea can be an excellent immune system re-booting combination for cancer patients, and especially after treatment with radiotherapy or chemotherapy. All of these herbs are easy to find online or at health food stores. It sure can't hurt to try them. Hugs to you and the Mrs.

... in a world where I feel so small I can't stop thinking big!
09-01-2011, 08:34 AM
(08-31-2011 10:16 PM)Scythe Matters Wrote:  Hey onebad... there is an herb that is useful during chemo (not that one... well, yeah that one but another, too) called astragalus. It is an immune system booster. It's been shown to work well for cancer patients and is generally well-tolerated.

http://www.canceractive.com/cancer-activ...aspx?n=536

The American Cancer Society agrees: http://www.cancer.org/Treatment/Treatmen...astragalus

Also, cat’s claw,pau d'aco, turmeric and echinacea can be an excellent immune system re-booting combination for cancer patients, and especially after treatment with radiotherapy or chemotherapy. All of these herbs are easy to find online or at health food stores. It sure can't hurt to try them. Hugs to you and the Mrs.

Thank you so much SM - I will pass this info on to Mrs. Onebad. We are up for anything at this point and do appreciate your suggestions.

I've mentioned it on another post, but do have a most awesome anniversary at The Dalles (it is a beautiful area).
We will just be doing something quiet at home I think..

Thanks Again:
Stephen
09-02-2011, 05:58 PM
Hey SS...

I don't know if you caught my following post after the one I made above wherein I apologized for flogging merch. It might have been in the Swaggabomb thread but I can't find the F&*@ker' I had no idea at the time that you and the missus were dealing with matters much more serious than I can imagine! I know that you know how much friends mean to me. So I talked to Bubba and he immediately regretted that he couldn't get to his DR to send you a couple of his show hats...albeit slightly used. Here's his response:

"When are we expecting to get the real actual Bubba hats?

(I wish I had access to my D.R. case -- I've got plenty of old ones in there and would gladly contribute a couple to such a worthy cause.)"

Now me....

Cause...could be hope, could be the positive energy that makes it all a bit easier to shoulder? Keep thinking positive....both of you.

Anyway! The hats will soon be here and I'll make sure you get them. WTF...if it isn't snowing in the mountain passes, I'll deliver them myself. Kelowna is only a short ride away...(sort of) and beautiful too.

I'll be back atcha Stephen.

BOX

Sacred cows make the best hamburgers.

I bought a doughnut and they gave me a receipt for the doughtnut... I don't need a receipt for the doughnut. I give you money and you give me the doughnut, end of transaction. We don't need to bring ink and paper into this. I can't imagine a scenario that I would have to prove that I bought a doughnut. To some skeptical friend, 'Don't even act like I didn't get that doughnut, I've got the documentation right here... It's in my file at home. ...Under "D".'
09-02-2011, 07:53 PM
Brutus and Bubba, you are the best! Heart

... in a world where I feel so small I can't stop thinking big!
09-02-2011, 09:36 PM
(09-02-2011 05:58 PM)Brutus Wrote:  Cause...could be hope, could be the positive energy that makes it all a bit easier to shoulder? Keep thinking positive....both of you.

Brought up to believe in the power of a magic Bubba hat. And belief is powerful medicine, whether positive energy or placebo effect, good to hear they are getting the hats! Wink

Well-weathered leather, hot metal and oil, the scented country air..
09-02-2011, 09:46 PM
I second on what Scythe said.....Brutus and Bubba, you are the best!

"... always throw spilt salt over your left shoulder, keep rosemary by your garden gate, plant lavender for luck, and fall in love whenever you can..." Practical Magic
09-03-2011, 12:29 PM (This post was last modified: 09-03-2011 12:30 PM by Onebad70ss.)
Well I don't quite know how to put this, but here it goes..

Dear Brutus & Bubba:

Words cannot convey what Mrs. Onebad (aw what the heck, her name is Monica) and I are feeling right now, other than a big "THANK YOU" to you both.

I was having a coffee on the deck this morning going over emails, etc. and came across your message Brutus and showed it to Monica and she was flabbergasted. She couldn't believe that you fellas were even talking about her, let alone considering doing something for her. You made her cry (but in a good way) and for a while there the cancer was gone. We had a bit of a rough night last night and this picked her right up. Like a few people on here have said, the body and your state of mind has an amazing way of getting past certain things.

It is our 18th wedding anniversary tomorrow (we've been together for 22) and will be going to a little Mediterranean restaurant in Lake Country which is just outside of Kelowna. We will definitely be toasting all the great people on this board who have wished us well.

And again to Brutus & Bubba, I wish I could put into words the deep admiration and happiness that we both feel in reading your post.

Stephen & Monica

P.S. - Scythe Matters - I did pick up some "ASTRAGALAS" in liquid form yesterday at the health food store. Thank you for the recommendation
09-03-2011, 01:11 PM
This place is a light in the darkness, a shelter in the storm, peace in the midst of turmoil! Blessings to all and special prayers and happy anniversary to the onebads Heart

If I'd known you were French, I'd have worn galoshes...