Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Bubba's Drumming Hats
09-03-2011, 09:43 PM
RE: Bubba's Drumming Hats
Stephen & Monica, happy anniversary! Sounds like you have a fun evening planned, I hope it's as full of sparks and excitement as that first date you had 22 yrs ago!

Gunga couldn't have said it any better, so I'll just dovetail into her sentiment. Thank you for trusting us enough to share your burden. We will lift you up and carry you the best we can. Whatever you need, just ask. That's what friends are for. Smile

Blah blah blah....yada yada yada!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-04-2011, 09:41 AM
Hey Brutus:

If it happens to work out and you make your way out here, I can always meet you half way. Just having a quick look at the map and the half way point looks to be Roger's Pass summit (give or take). Now taking into account the fact that you'll probably be on your GS and riding on good Alberta roads a lot of the way and I'll be in my ol' pickup truck on our less than adequate B.C. trails, I would guess if we both left our front door at the same time we would probably run into each other in Revelstoke with out anyone waiting too long.

Hey if it works out, we'll do lunch - My treat....

Cheers:
Stephen
09-04-2011, 12:16 PM
(09-03-2011 01:11 PM)Gungawoman Wrote:  This place is a light in the darkness, a shelter in the storm, peace in the midst of turmoil! Blessings to all and special prayers and happy anniversary to the onebads Heart

I second your sentiment, Gunga.

Happy thoughts to you and the Mrs. Onebad. I am hoping for a speedy recovery for the Mrs. and the chemo kicks some cancer cell arses. Just remember we are all here for the both of you for a shoulder, a laugh, support, or anything you need.

Oh, by the way, Brutus and Bubba aren't half bad Cool Angel
09-06-2011, 01:43 AM
(09-03-2011 09:43 PM)burma.girl Wrote:  Gunga couldn't have said it any better, so I'll just dovetail into her sentiment. Thank you for trusting us enough to share your burden. We will lift you up and carry you the best we can. Whatever you need, just ask. That's what friends are for. Smile

Absolutely! There is a power to a group of people with their intent focused on a thing. I've seen it many times. I like it best when it has a good intent - like this. Whatever we can do.

I'm glad you found the astragalus. Tincture will get it into her system quicker, too.

Hey.. I..uh.. I have something in my eye... *sniff*

... in a world where I feel so small I can't stop thinking big!
09-06-2011, 08:52 PM
(09-03-2011 01:11 PM)Gungawoman Wrote:  This place is a light in the darkness, a shelter in the storm, peace in the midst of turmoil! Blessings to all and special prayers and happy anniversary to the onebads Heart

What she said!
A positive attitude is definitely powerful, and Brutus and Bubba, you two are awesome!

09-07-2011, 02:45 PM
Dear Mr and Mrs Onebad,
I meant to jump on and wish you a Happy Anniversary and chime in with more good thoughts, and then life got in the way (funny how that happens!).
Between trying to get my house/life in order before leaving on a REAL VACATION(!!!!!!) and we lost (read: passed away) one of our cats, we...well....Confused (sigh)

I was going to ask, have you ever looked into having Mrs Onebad work with a Natropath in conjunction with the Oncologist?
The Natropath could look at building up Mrs Onebad's immune system natural ways (like the Astragulus) so hopefully the chemo won't drag her down too badly.
Just a thought, along with the other good ones I'm sending your way....

"Life ain't like books.
Books got somebody writin' 'em and tryin' to entertain ya.
Life is more like a set of Legos.
Unless you take care of 'em, you lose a few pieces and you end up steppin' on 'em with bare feet.
You gotta take care of your life."
~Laura Moncur
09-07-2011, 04:27 PM (This post was last modified: 09-07-2011 04:28 PM by Brutus.)
Was talking to Patrick today and it was good timing....'cause the Drummer/Bubba hats just arrived. I don't even think they are up on the merch list yet...hot from the presses. That being the case I will have them next week. A friend of mine from Taranta is coming my way in a few weeks and we're going to do a week long loop through the Rockies to Vancouver and Vancouver Island before heading back to Cowfart via Whistler and Jasper. And we'll schedule a stop and overnight in Kelowna to visit with Badss and his missus. I think I see a photo op for the enjoyment of all us bar patrons. Can't wait and I'll keep you posted as to scheduling, k?

Sacred cows make the best hamburgers.

I bought a doughnut and they gave me a receipt for the doughtnut... I don't need a receipt for the doughnut. I give you money and you give me the doughnut, end of transaction. We don't need to bring ink and paper into this. I can't imagine a scenario that I would have to prove that I bought a doughnut. To some skeptical friend, 'Don't even act like I didn't get that doughnut, I've got the documentation right here... It's in my file at home. ...Under "D".'
09-07-2011, 04:41 PM
(09-07-2011 04:27 PM)Brutus Wrote:  Was talking to Patrick today and it was good timing....'cause the Drummer/Bubba hats just arrived. I don't even think they are up on the merch list yet...hot from the presses. That being the case I will have them next week. A friend of mine from Taranta is coming my way in a few weeks and we're going to do a week long loop through the Rockies to Vancouver and Vancouver Island before heading back to Cowfart via Whistler and Jasper. And we'll schedule a stop and overnight in Kelowna to visit with Badss and his missus. I think I see a photo op for the enjoyment of all us bar patrons. Can't wait and I'll keep you posted as to scheduling, k?

YEA!!!!!Big Grin
Could you also take along armloads of hugs from all of us too, and deliver them please?
Pictures would be wonderful too, Thank You Brutus!

"Life ain't like books.
Books got somebody writin' 'em and tryin' to entertain ya.
Life is more like a set of Legos.
Unless you take care of 'em, you lose a few pieces and you end up steppin' on 'em with bare feet.
You gotta take care of your life."
~Laura Moncur
09-07-2011, 04:43 PM (This post was last modified: 09-07-2011 04:58 PM by Onebad70ss.)
(09-07-2011 02:45 PM)HardwareGrl Wrote:  Dear Mr and Mrs Onebad,
I meant to jump on and wish you a Happy Anniversary and chime in with more good thoughts, and then life got in the way (funny how that happens!).
Between trying to get my house/life in order before leaving on a REAL VACATION(!!!!!!) and we lost (read: passed away) one of our cats, we...well....Confused (sigh)

I was going to ask, have you ever looked into having Mrs Onebad work with a Natropath in conjunction with the Oncologist?
The Natropath could look at building up Mrs Onebad's immune system natural ways (like the Astragulus) so hopefully the chemo won't drag her down too badly.
Just a thought, along with the other good ones I'm sending your way....

Thank you for the suggestion - That is something that we will definitely be looking into. Should have been a no-brainer, but we just aren't thinking that straight right now. I know that there are a few good Naturopath's in town - will check it out...

So sorry to hear about kitty - Sometimes we forget what beloved members of the family our pets are. It can be gut wrenching to lose them.
(09-07-2011 04:27 PM)Brutus Wrote:  Was talking to Patrick today and it was good timing....'cause the Drummer/Bubba hats just arrived. I don't even think they are up on the merch list yet...hot from the presses. That being the case I will have them next week. A friend of mine from Taranta is coming my way in a few weeks and we're going to do a week long loop through the Rockies to Vancouver and Vancouver Island before heading back to Cowfart via Whistler and Jasper. And we'll schedule a stop and overnight in Kelowna to visit with Badss and his missus. I think I see a photo op for the enjoyment of all us bar patrons. Can't wait and I'll keep you posted as to scheduling, k?

Awesome news:

Mrs. Onebad will be ecstatic to hear that you are coming and to take time out from your tour to see us speaks volumes as to your character Brutus.

Thank you so much - We can't wait either.
09-07-2011, 05:05 PM (This post was last modified: 09-07-2011 05:06 PM by RN-PRN.)
Along with the Natropath, does the hospital have a healing arts center?? Ours has one inconjunction with the cancer center and the patients love it. All holistic treatments that augment the chemotherapy and help with the side effects.

Just careful with Brutus...all the hugs from us he may not be able to let go. Blush