Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Sioux Falls South Dakota Meet-up?
09-01-2011, 07:41 AM
RE: Sioux Falls South Dakota Meet-up?
Have a great timeCool. I would love to go, but won't be home from work in time to make it if my calculations will be correct. Undecided

I'm taking a ride with my best friend...I hope he never lets me down again.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-04-2011, 11:29 AM
A couple of key decisions were made last night!

1. Hotel for the meet-up....
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-...akota.html

2. The restaurant.....
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Re...akota.html

Brazillian in South Dakota? Go figure!

Really hoping that the closer we get more folks will find a way to come!

"Life ain't like books.
Books got somebody writin' 'em and tryin' to entertain ya.
Life is more like a set of Legos.
Unless you take care of 'em, you lose a few pieces and you end up steppin' on 'em with bare feet.
You gotta take care of your life."
~Laura Moncur
09-04-2011, 01:46 PM
Our "current plan"...which seems to be subject to change by my wife's doctor, is to leave either Friday afternoon or early Saturday. She'll be in the truck, and she will return home Sunday while I continue west to Rapid City. If it works out I'll spend four days on Marilyn touring around South Dakota. The problem we have at the moment is Mrs B has a Dr appointment this Thursday with the pain clinic to see about getting a nerve stimulator put in her back. If she has it permanently installed before the end of the month I may be coming home alone. We'll know more Thursday I guess. I sure wish these docs would make up their goofy minds!

Stay tuned!

[Image: silvdolf.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-10-2011, 04:24 PM
I finally got staffing lined up to cover for me, then disaster struck: I have to be available for court. Something I haven't told you guys (and some of the reason for my absences here...) is that I was robbed at gunpoint in my store Feb 1 of this year. They finally caught the perps in May, after many more robberies and a drive-by murder. Now they are playing games with the DA's office and witnesses/victims are subjected to delaying of trial dates and other shenanigans, like defense attorneys calling me at work. Pfft.

I am soooo pissed that I'm going to miss this meetup! Hopefully, Grl and I can meet before she heads out so I can send a couple things along too!

Boomer, my best to the Missus and I hope she's able to make the trip Smile

(heads off to find out who this tart Marilyn is and what became of sweet Melissa...)

"I will quietly resist."
09-10-2011, 04:50 PM
DAYYYUMM SHAZAAYUM EN!!! Thats a total bummer! If nothing else you are safe now and survived the whole wretched event, but was really hoping to meet! Well, Plan B says we'll have to send something home with HWG for you.

On our homefront, things might work for Mrs B. Her appointment Thursday looked good. This Dr approved her for the nerve machine, but we have to get thru some hoops with the insurance company and the manufacturer first. This is a two part deal. The first one is a trial basis where they run leads into the back and leave the battery pack externally for 5 days to test it first. If it works, a second procedure will actually attach it and put the battery internally to her hip area. We still have another surgery to plan on her knee, but the Dr visit for that determination isn't until September 20th, so things look good for us to go. We are kinda waffling on going Friday after work, so as to give Mrs B some rest up time, but so far it looks good!

Marilyn? Why she is my new girlfriend........Tongue

09-10-2011, 05:50 PM
Thanks, Boomer Smile I'm glad it's in the resolution stage now, it's just frustrating at times...I was really looking forward to meeting y'all too, and getting out of town for a few days! It'll happen at some point.

That is great news about Mrs. B! Man, I really hope this is the fixer for her. Fingers crossed Smile

I knew you were lookin', I just missed her introduction 'round these parts. Melissa was easy on the eye, but I hope Marilyn's easier on your "parts" Tongue

Can't wait to see your Brazilian....restaurant pix Big Grin

"I will quietly resist."
09-10-2011, 06:06 PM
If you want to see Marilyn, go to: Marilyn Pics

She is easy on the eyes, easy on the tush, and rides like a dream!!!

09-10-2011, 06:25 PM
OOOOOOOOHHHHHH, Boomer! She's perfect! <drool>

"I will quietly resist."
09-10-2011, 08:27 PM
Entre Nous! Long time no see! I wondered where you've been. Glad to hear you're OK and that the scumbags were caught. Now begins the red tape.

If I'd known you were French, I'd have worn galoshes...
09-10-2011, 09:49 PM
Awww... We were so hoping to met you Entre, but we are glad that you are doing OK and that the wheels of justice are slowly turning in your favor. We too were thinking of arriving on Angus, except we keep going back and forth on the pros and cons. The biggest 1 is that taking the super slab time of arrival will take 8 hours and a slight change in Mr.2B's work means he can't have friday off to which we then could have made it a nice slow ride west. So we will be leaving(I think final decision) by car in the wee hours of the morn to be there by check in time.

If you can't play by OUR rules take your toys and go home!! [Image: rulez.gif]