Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Red Wine Review
02-24-2012, 02:44 PM
RE: Red Wine Review
(10-07-2011 09:53 AM)Rey Wrote:  
(10-07-2011 09:39 AM)Gnawin Nawlins Wrote:  Been trying to stay away from the Boones Farm and MD 20/20 since high school!!!

Aaaahhh, I have fond memories of being in my early 20's and having a bottle of Boone's apple wine in a brown paper bag to slurp on while hanging around at bonfire parties. At that age, and in that situation of a cool autumn evening around the fire, I remember it tasted great, but I have not had it for a long time now. Does my memory enhance the flavor?

Is MD 20/20 a Red...seems more like a Purple to me? I'm with N'awlins and Rey, my kind of winos...hadn't had a drink since high school.

"One ounce perception...One pound obscure"
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-24-2012, 02:55 PM
I resemble that remark Lanix!Big Grin A friend of mine was over the other day, goofing on me slugging down a pint sized glass of Carlo Rossi Burgundy, and we started trying to remember all the nasty stuff we used to drink in high school. Of course, the MD 20/20 came up along with the Boones Farms various flavours, and he came up with another one I'd forgotten about...Night Train! Not sure if that's where Guns n Roses came up with that song, but it sure made you feel like you'd been hit by a train the next day! Malt Duck was another mistake we made, what were we thinking?!!

In keeping with the thread, the wiff and I have grown really accustomed to this one red...a Chianti called "Bellagio", really smooth flavor with a hint of wood (from a real barrel?) and hardly any harsh after taste. We polished off a bottle last night, well, ok...she had two glasses and I drank the rest!Tongue Don't bruise the grapes!!!

"Rollin' numbers, rock-n-rollin', got my Kiss records out!"
02-25-2012, 09:29 AM
MMMM Boone's Apple. Memories.

Sweet Syrupy Sweet with a hint of water. Overtones of strawberry Jolly Rancher.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-25-2012, 11:35 AM
I posted here about "The Crusher" which was an excellent petite syrah. Well, the crazy neighbor brought over "The Crusher" last night that was a rose' of pinot noir. Weird combo, I thought, but was it good! Very light, but rich. Yum!

If I'd known you were French, I'd have worn galoshes...
02-25-2012, 03:38 PM
Was it sweet or dry? Served chilled or room temp? Sounds refreshingCool
02-25-2012, 06:43 PM
(02-25-2012 03:38 PM)VincentUlyssis Wrote:  Was it sweet or dry? Served chilled or room temp? Sounds refreshingCool

It was kind of in the middle, but tending towards sweeter. We had it chilled.

02-25-2012, 06:52 PM
Yes, very nice. What did you eat with it? Probably good with fish, poultry or pork!
02-25-2012, 07:21 PM
(02-25-2012 06:52 PM)VincentUlyssis Wrote:  Yes, very nice. What did you eat with it? Probably good with fish, poultry or pork!

We had my husband's famous salmon (recipe somewhere on this site), au gratin potatoes, and asparagus. Yummy!

02-26-2012, 06:39 AM
Perfect combination! Sounds really nice!

We just bought salmon yesterday and you reminded me that I have a rose open to have with it.

I love asparagus and who can beat au gratin? Yum!
02-27-2012, 06:40 PM (This post was last modified: 02-27-2012 06:42 PM by VincentUlyssis.)
Tonight we had the baked salmon with whole grain rice and a nice spinach salad. Very tasty! My wife is an excellent cook!

Prior to knowing what Marisa was preparing I had taken out our antipasti (pickled garlic, peppers, stuffed olives, etc.-beats cheese doodles!) and opened a bottle of...

Chateau Les Favieres Bordeaux 2007

I took a chance on it at about $8 per bottle but always enjoy a Bordeaux which are traditionally more expensive.

Slightly tart with a nice finish. Not disappointing at all. Will definitely purchase in the future. Great value!

The highlight of the evening was cleaning the kitchen with my lovely daughter Caprielle who sang our entire dialogue. I could die right now and be satisfied.