Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Red Wine Review
03-14-2013, 07:37 PM
RE: Red Wine Review
Really, I closed my eyes and allowed the visual image in my little brain to reflect what my taste buds were experiencing.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-25-2013, 04:55 PM
These are maybe not so easy to find either, but they are quite good if you can:

Epicuro Aglianico and Epicuro Primitivo. These are from Italy, and they are real bargains if you find them. As a side note, they have a white Vermentino that is delicious but even harder to find.
I have really enjoyed Bogle's Petite Sirah too. It is dark and inky and delicious.
Speaking of red blends, there is a nice one called 'Cocobon' that I found to be rather good. The label gives no indication of what is in it, but, again, it was a delightful bargain.
06-25-2013, 08:05 PM
Tried the Cocobon when I was given a bottle (from Trader Joes) a few months ago. Rather good.

Most of us are so caught up in life that we forget to live it.
Find all posts by this user
08-16-2013, 05:58 PM
It's red and it's wine so I'll review 99 Bokbunjajoo Korean Raspberry wine. Slightly sweet with a fruity tartness. Excellent pan Asian choice!

Supposedly used as a health tonic- loaded with anti-oxidants.
11-11-2013, 02:47 PM
Last night I opened Alvarez de Toledo "Mencia Roble 2009."

For the price it was very good. Smooth finish with a taste of old Spain.
11-03-2014, 04:34 PM (This post was last modified: 11-03-2014 04:46 PM by VincentUlyssis.)
The reality of job loss and subsequent significant salary reduction has necessitated a more conservative budget for wine.

That all being said, I now try many of the $6 bottles in the bins of my local place. I've been pleasantly surprised by wines from Italian "La Vendemmia." I also enjoy Spain's "Abilius" and Portugal's "Portada."

A friend of mine who is a salesman for wine distributors on Long Island insists that some of the best wines are your less expensive. The reality is that often times the more expensive are blended for consistency or simply expensive due to extensive advertising. I'm beginning to think he may be right.

Has anyone tried some nice inexpesive wine that we should look out for (for which we should look out? -for you grammarphiles)?
11-04-2014, 05:57 PM
I don't drink much wine, but back in the late 80's and early 90's I tried the "Night Train" cheapo wine. I think that was because of Guns N Roses song of the same name Smile I was just looking to get loaded like a freight train, ha ha

Trying to save the day for the Old World Man!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=745]
Find all posts by this user
01-23-2015, 11:52 PM
I think my first wine was called "boonsfarm" or something. Horrible!

I tried a Chilean wine called "Meravilla" - a Cabernet 2011 for around $6- screw top...not bad for the price