Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
"Small Tales" - Short Stories, Anyone?
04-20-2013, 07:19 AM (This post was last modified: 04-20-2013 07:19 AM by BrianW.)
RE: "Small Tales" - Short Stories, Anyone?
Leave Rosie and Mr. Spacely of Spacely's Space Sprockets (arch-rival was Cogwells Cosmic Cogs) out of it!
There was an episode where a very welalthy man spied George and Astro out walking and was convinced that he was his long-missing dog "Tralfazz" (yuck!). The man convinced Astro to return to his lavish lifestyle and all was well and good, but as we learn, money does not buy happiness and Astro went back to the Jetsons. Hoobah doobah.

Ok, I watched way too much TV as a kid. I don't even own one now.

Shifting & Drifting
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-20-2013, 05:55 PM
Ohmuhgorsh...I actually remember that now...weird. Mebbe I should throw my TV out too. Hmm...

Love and respect...
Turn up the music and smile!
ASSTA Member
Find all posts by this user
04-20-2013, 07:03 PM
We should all throw our TVs out together, like the old intro to SCTV.

Shifting & Drifting
05-06-2013, 12:21 PM
My letter to Xlibris, after many times telling them that I not interested in their services. If this doesn't work, I'm gonna' try
PISS OFF!

Thank you for your call.
To sum up, I am sure that your services are quite good. What it comes down to is this; until someone or some company decides that they will act as editor, publisher, printer, distributor and publicist on the basis that my books are going to sell - I will continue to publish them a small batch at a time.

I have no desire to "bet on myself" and risk a great deal of my money in the hope that somehow, my work will be chosen over thousands of other newcomers to the game, and I will be able to recoup my investment, much less make a decent profit. I have no illusions of greatness when it comes to my work. Good - yes. Entertaining? You bet! Great? No. A sure seller? No.
What amazes (and saddens) me, is the amount of (dare I say it?) CRAP that is not only produced by writer-wannabes, but that the crap SELLS! Depressing.

Yes, I am limiting myself - but I also am not out thousands of dollars with absolutely nothing to show for it. I write, I print, I distribute, and I enjoy the responses that I receive. The beauty in this is that I did it all on my own. My ideas, my work, my motivation, my results. No one took a chance on me. No one offered a deal. No one stepped out onto the ledge with me, yet... here I am.

That being said, if you would like to review my first two books, I will be happy to send them. Other than that, I have no need of your services at this time. Please cease the calls as well as the emails promoting your offers.

Most of us are so caught up in life that we forget to live it.
Find all posts by this user
05-06-2013, 05:32 PM
We call them 'vanity presses'. For good reason. I can give you a list of 'big' publishers to submit your (quite worthy) work to. PM if yes.

Shifting & Drifting