Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Grapes For Humanity
09-14-2011, 10:37 AM
Grapes For Humanity
We just wanted to pass along on Ged's behalf his message that Les Boys have offered up some items on eBay in support of Grapes For Humanity. Here's the link:

http://myworld.ebay.ca/grapes4humanity/

Thanks,

B 'n' B

Sacred cows make the best hamburgers.

I bought a doughnut and they gave me a receipt for the doughtnut... I don't need a receipt for the doughnut. I give you money and you give me the doughnut, end of transaction. We don't need to bring ink and paper into this. I can't imagine a scenario that I would have to prove that I bought a doughnut. To some skeptical friend, 'Don't even act like I didn't get that doughnut, I've got the documentation right here... It's in my file at home. ...Under "D".'
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-14-2011, 11:13 AM
RE: Grapes For Humanity
I saw that on da' boys website the other day B. It had some really cool pics of Ged & Al livin' it up at the winery, even one of Al rappin' to get the bidding going! The bids are a little too rich for my blood, but I'm sure they'll sell their stuff quick, and it IS a great cause!

By the By...what happened to the "Menu" on the B&G homepage?...sayin'!

"Rollin' numbers, rock-n-rollin', got my Kiss records out!"
09-14-2011, 11:14 AM
Looks like they are going to raise some nice cash for a good cause! Now who is going to bid on Alex's and Ged's guitars??? No bids so far Sad However, Bubba's items are doing well. Smile
09-14-2011, 11:23 AM
Great idea, a good cause. Bids are waaaaayyyyy over my head but I'm sure the items will go quickly.

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain
09-14-2011, 01:43 PM
Those bids a just a wee dram over my pocket book, but then a box of Rice Krispies is over my head......just glad its going for a great cause though.

Primary Principle - "It must NEVER be my fault"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-14-2011, 02:19 PM
Yeah, I was surprised to see the size of the bids. Yikes! But that's a good thing.

Sacred cows make the best hamburgers.

I bought a doughnut and they gave me a receipt for the doughtnut... I don't need a receipt for the doughnut. I give you money and you give me the doughnut, end of transaction. We don't need to bring ink and paper into this. I can't imagine a scenario that I would have to prove that I bought a doughnut. To some skeptical friend, 'Don't even act like I didn't get that doughnut, I've got the documentation right here... It's in my file at home. ...Under "D".'
09-14-2011, 02:56 PM
When I told my husband, he asked what I was going to bid on. Funny guy. I wish I had the moolah to bid, but alas....It's good that others are going for it, though!

If I'd known you were French, I'd have worn galoshes...
09-14-2011, 05:17 PM
We too must say the prices are a bit out of our pockets, but are glad that there are those whose pockets run deep and are helping out for such a good cause.

"... always throw spilt salt over your left shoulder, keep rosemary by your garden gate, plant lavender for luck, and fall in love whenever you can..." Practical Magic
09-14-2011, 05:46 PM
At least there are folks out there willing to spend the money for a good cause - I would like to know who got the second mortgage on their house to bid on Ged's bass?

Primary Principle - "It must NEVER be my fault"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-14-2011, 07:10 PM
I just wondered why he wanted to part with it. It sounded great...

Most of us are so caught up in life that we forget to live it.