Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Grapes For Humanity
09-14-2011, 10:52 PM
RE: Grapes For Humanity
I've been following the auctions. I'm all for raising money for charity, but I have a funny feeling about the 'elitist' mentality behind auctions such as this.

I'd rather enter an online lottery for a donation of $50 bucks, (or ???) per entry. That way, everyone donates what they can afford and they all have an equal chance of winning the prize.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-15-2011, 11:19 AM
(09-14-2011 10:52 PM)Patty Wrote:  I've been following the auctions. I'm all for raising money for charity, but I have a funny feeling about the 'elitist' mentality behind auctions such as this.

I'd rather enter an online lottery for a donation of $50 bucks, (or ???) per entry. That way, everyone donates what they can afford and they all have an equal chance of winning the prize.

My poor butt would enter that lottery anydayBig Grin

I'm taking a ride with my best friend...I hope he never lets me down again.
09-15-2011, 11:38 AM (This post was last modified: 09-15-2011 11:40 AM by Rey.)
Yeah, some Neil "DNA" sticks would be nice...lol

Well-weathered leather, hot metal and oil, the scented country air..
09-15-2011, 06:21 PM
(09-14-2011 10:52 PM)Patty Wrote:  I've been following the auctions. I'm all for raising money for charity, but I have a funny feeling about the 'elitist' mentality behind auctions such as this.

+1...that's a great idea! Give everyone a chance! It is a great auction for a worthy cause, but man...it's also pretty disheartening...

Love and respect...
Turn up the music and smile!
ASSTA Member
09-15-2011, 07:39 PM (This post was last modified: 09-15-2011 07:39 PM by Mufasa.)
CD, what you just said reminded me of a young lady's response to a Modern Drummer article on Bubba, years and years ago.

Most of us are so caught up in life that we forget to live it.
09-16-2011, 03:06 AM
Boy, if only I had several thousand extra bucks. Sad

But I'm happy to see that the Boys are so generous and 2) so are the bidders!

... in a world where I feel so small I can't stop thinking big!
09-16-2011, 03:37 AM (This post was last modified: 09-16-2011 03:50 AM by ladijules.)
I wish I had the money to take some of those items home! Unfortunately, my budget doesn't stretch that far these days. However, I do like to donate a few bucks here and there to a good cause. Is there any way for us to just donate to grapes for humanity? Even a Bubba's Bar and Grill group contribution or something? It seemed to do well when everyone donated to the Red Cross fund for the miners.

Intolerant of Intolerance.
09-16-2011, 11:14 PM
(09-16-2011 03:37 AM)ladijules Wrote:  I wish I had the money to take some of those items home! Unfortunately, my budget doesn't stretch that far these days. However, I do like to donate a few bucks here and there to a good cause. Is there any way for us to just donate to grapes for humanity? Even a Bubba's Bar and Grill group contribution or something? It seemed to do well when everyone donated to the Red Cross fund for the miners.

That's a great idea! Brutus, what say you - can we do that?

... in a world where I feel so small I can't stop thinking big!
09-18-2011, 06:01 AM
The Snakes and Arrows bass drum skin is too cool.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-18-2011, 09:10 PM
Whew! I'm glad that's OVER.

Congratulations to the people out there who are rich enough to place bids on these auctions.
Enjoy your Goods!

I still think that a ton of money could have been raised by having a lottery, instead of a stupid auction on ebay.