Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Grapes For Humanity
09-18-2011, 10:50 PM
RE: Grapes For Humanity
Patty, I tend to agree with you. A lottery that ordinary people could afford would definitely work better.

Intolerant of Intolerance.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-19-2011, 08:37 AM
(09-16-2011 11:14 PM)Scythe Matters Wrote:  
(09-16-2011 03:37 AM)ladijules Wrote:  I wish I had the money to take some of those items home! Unfortunately, my budget doesn't stretch that far these days. However, I do like to donate a few bucks here and there to a good cause. Is there any way for us to just donate to grapes for humanity? Even a Bubba's Bar and Grill group contribution or something? It seemed to do well when everyone donated to the Red Cross fund for the miners.

That's a great idea! Brutus, what say you - can we do that?

I agree, that would be TRES COOL!Cool

I'm taking a ride with my best friend...I hope he never lets me down again.
09-22-2011, 02:27 PM
I'd kick in!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-22-2011, 09:16 PM
As someone in the fundraising biz, this blog really has my wheels spinning. I love the lottery/raffle idea and think many, many more people would donate to the cause if it were more accessible to those of us in the realm of "normal" financial means. Of course auctions give a sense of value to the item that has been donated, which is important to some, but it really does leave a huge segment of the population out of the running.

"I cook with wine, sometimes I even add it to the food."
W. C. Fields
09-23-2011, 06:22 AM
If there was a lottery for something I valued, I'd donate in a heartbeat. There is one cause I try to donate to that does a lottery. I haven't won that compound bow they put up every year, but its a lot more fun knowing you at least have a CHANCE AND you are donating to some worthy cause.

Primary Principle - "It must NEVER be my fault"
09-23-2011, 07:58 AM
(09-19-2011 08:37 AM)smoker guy Wrote:  
(09-16-2011 11:14 PM)Scythe Matters Wrote:  
(09-16-2011 03:37 AM)ladijules Wrote:  I wish I had the money to take some of those items home! Unfortunately, my budget doesn't stretch that far these days. However, I do like to donate a few bucks here and there to a good cause. Is there any way for us to just donate to grapes for humanity? Even a Bubba's Bar and Grill group contribution or something? It seemed to do well when everyone donated to the Red Cross fund for the miners.

That's a great idea! Brutus, what say you - can we do that?

I agree, that would be TRES COOL!Cool

I like this too! Great idea!

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain
11-02-2011, 08:43 PM
Sorry all. I missed this action but Bubba and I are always on the look out for a way to spread good cheer. And it's nice to help those in immediate need. Always open to suggestions.....

Sacred cows make the best hamburgers.

I bought a doughnut and they gave me a receipt for the doughtnut... I don't need a receipt for the doughnut. I give you money and you give me the doughnut, end of transaction. We don't need to bring ink and paper into this. I can't imagine a scenario that I would have to prove that I bought a doughnut. To some skeptical friend, 'Don't even act like I didn't get that doughnut, I've got the documentation right here... It's in my file at home. ...Under "D".'
02-16-2012, 03:00 AM
It's not Grapes For Humanity, but it is for a good cause. Check this thread at TRF:

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?showtopic=71723

I'm really, really proud to be a Rush fan right now. This is just wonderful Big Grin

... in a world where I feel so small I can't stop thinking big!
02-16-2012, 10:32 AM
Unbelievable! What a story! God bless Sam--AND the Boys! Heart

If I'd known you were French, I'd have worn galoshes...
02-16-2012, 07:11 PM
That's great!