Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Not-Bubba Quotes That Aren't Funny
09-28-2011, 05:09 PM
Not-Bubba Quotes That Aren't Funny
Didn't see anything for this, so....

I'm running into a lot of good quotes as I go over my books of them (oh yes, I have several - geek, remember?). Some are too good not to share. Here's a few about music, something we all love....

Music was my refuge. I could crawl into the space between the notes and curl my back to loneliness. ~ Maya Angelou

Music doesn't lie. If there is something to be changed in this world, then it can only happen through music. ~ Jimi Hendrix

Truly fertile Music, the only kind that will move us, that we shall truly appreciate, will be a Music conducive to Dream, which banishes all reason and analysis. One must not wish first to understand and then to feel. Art does not tolerate Reason. ~ Albert Camus

Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent. ~ Victor Hugo

In memory everything seems to happen to music. ~ Tennessee Williams

My favorite website for quotes is Brainy Quote. I could spend hours browsing there Cool

... in a world where I feel so small I can't stop thinking big!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-07-2011, 08:33 PM
RE: Not-Bubba Quotes That Aren't Funny
This one is for Bubba:

The person who has lived the most is not the one with the most years but the one with the richest experiences. - Jean Jacques Rousseau

02-12-2014, 01:17 PM
Came across this recently and thought it appropriate for the season of life I am in right now:

"For a seed to achieve its greatest expression, it must come completely undone. The shell cracks, its insides come out and everything changes. To someone who doesn't understand growth, it would look like complete destruction." -Cynthia Occelli
02-18-2014, 12:19 PM
"In life people trip, most people fall. Some people turn that trip into a beautiful beautiful dance" John Mayer

"I don't cook; I prepare things." My late brother Bill
02-19-2014, 09:17 PM
"It's easy to play any musical instrument: all you have to do is touch the right key at the right time and the instrument will play itself."

Johann Sebastian Bach
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-21-2014, 02:28 AM
"Those who do not know how to see the precious things in life will never be happy." ~ Alex Flinn

02-21-2014, 11:34 AM
"The greatest things in life are not things."

Author Unknown
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-21-2014, 11:38 AM
"Wealth needs more; happiness needs less"

Author??

"I don't cook; I prepare things." My late brother Bill
02-26-2014, 01:17 AM (This post was last modified: 02-26-2014 01:20 AM by Snapdad.)
(02-19-2014 09:17 PM)VincentUlyssis Wrote:  "It's easy to play any musical instrument: all you have to do is touch the right key at the right time and the instrument will play itself."

Johann Sebastian Bach

Obviously never having touched his lips to the mouthpiece of a trumpet. Plays itself. Right. Just have to 'touch the right key'! Same goes for the Didgeridoo and a myriad of other 'any musical instruments'.

I do like the simplicity in his sentiment, though. The music is within any instrument, one merely has to interact with it to gain anything meaningful.

I hate Tokyo
I don't know why, but I do
Maybe it's just me.

Haiku : Godzilla
02-26-2014, 07:25 AM
"No one else will ever know the strength of my love for you. After all, you're the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside." - Unknown —

A quote that just seemed to resonate with me this week. I've shared it with my 2 daughters.

"... always throw spilt salt over your left shoulder, keep rosemary by your garden gate, plant lavender for luck, and fall in love whenever you can..." Practical Magic