Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Not-Bubba Quotes That Aren't Funny
02-26-2014, 09:35 AM
RE: Not-Bubba Quotes That Aren't Funny
(02-26-2014 01:17 AM)Snapdad Wrote:  [quote='VincentUlyssis' pid='46051' dateline='1392866255']
"It's easy to play any musical instrument: all you have to do is touch the right key at the right time and the instrument will play itself."

Johann Sebastian Bach

Obviously never having touched his lips to the mouthpiece of a trumpet. Plays itself. Right. Just have to 'touch the right key'! Same goes for the Didgeridoo and a myriad of other 'any musical instruments'.

I do like the simplicity in his sentiment, though. The music is within any instrument, one merely has to interact with it to gain anything meaningful.

>>>Like lots of things in life, these concepts are both simple and complex, easy and hard. We all know that playing an instrument well is a huge challenge but on some level it is the easiest thing in the world. I have this crazy idea that if one approached a new instrument with the proper frame of mind and attitude one could play it just as well as someone who has studied for years.

"I don't cook; I prepare things." My late brother Bill
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-27-2014, 02:12 PM
I'll remind Kris of that the next time I grab her alto sax and pretend I am on the Time Passages album...
Wink

"OMG DAD! STOPPPPPP!!!!!"

Most of us are so caught up in life that we forget to live it.
Find all posts by this user
03-01-2014, 03:57 PM
Just so you know, I'm with Kris on that one!!!

Primary Principle - "It must NEVER be my fault"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-09-2014, 05:53 PM
If I'm not mistaken, JS Bach's was meant to be ironic...in other words "It ain't as easy as it looks."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user