Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Breakfast Cereals (fruit bats optional)
10-20-2013, 02:53 PM
RE: Breakfast Cereals (fruit bats optional)
Lanix...Dunno. It was all a blur of crunchdust and silverware.

To ask why we cook is to ask why the leaves fall...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-20-2013, 09:54 PM
Golden Graham's!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-22-2013, 01:24 AM (This post was last modified: 10-22-2013 01:42 AM by SpaceCadet.)
I'm with you on the mouth-destroying qualities of Cap'n Crunch, but even though I liked it better, King Vitaman tore it up worse. CC seemed a little blander, and got soggy too quickly. Quisp, doubly so (on the soggy, not the taste) - Quisp was definitely my all-time favorite of all the cereals and cereal characters, but if you didn't blow through your bowl in about 48 seconds it just dissolved right into the milk.

I don't know what kind of proto-Kevlar coating they had on King Vitaman, but you could space a fully-milked bowl of that stuff out on the kitchen table through Scooby-Doo, The Bugs Bunny / Roadrunner Hour, The Pink Panther, Inch-High Private Eye, Top Cat, The Bugaloos, The Wacky Races, H.R. Pufnstuf, The Jetsons and The Groovie Goulies and still get some good crunch - albeit a tad warm.

In recent years I've wandered forlornly down the cereal aisles of the grocery stores, wondering what the hell happened to all of those great cereals - I put it down to our coddled, control-freak padded-cell-childhood Baby Boom culture - but just the other day I was in a Vons and saw something that about knocked me flat on my arse. Check this out, folks - theyyy're baaaack...

Another fave has always been Alpha-Bits, and I think they're still available. Of course the more drab but healthier stuff had its appeal too. When the outlandish stuff was out, Cheerios was my standard-default, and I used to load it up with so much sugar that there'd be a muddy sludge by the time I got to the bottom of the bowl, every-single-time. I'm amazed I'm not diabetic. Tongue

Dang - thanks for this thread Scythe, this is fun! Some great memories, and a reminder to get over to Vons immediately if not sooner - I'm gonna snag a box of all three, 'cause I honestly can't remember what any of the monsters tasted like, only that I liked Franken Berry best.

"Waiter...can you stop that noise? What you call 'music.' It sounds like dirty water. How can they eat food - and listen to ****?"
- Sabina (Lena Olin) in The Unbearable Lightness of Being
11-16-2013, 03:14 PM
Raisin Bran because it always keeps you regular!
12-15-2013, 05:44 PM
(10-16-2013 05:00 PM)Sunset Wrote:  Waaaaaaaay back in the day I stepped off the train to Bangkok and destroyed an entire box of Cap'n Crunch.

Heheh I just now saw this....
I think I mighta taken that trip once or twice...or thrice. Cool

As an aside, I often played a mix CD in my car and my (then 4yo) son would try to pick out the lyrics and sing along...he came up with, "Train to Peacock."

Yes, yes my boy...it's a song about going to the zoo.

Blah blah blah....yada yada yada!
Find all posts by this user