Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Regarding the e-mail Bubba sent us
10-13-2011, 12:06 PM
Regarding the e-mail Bubba sent us
Canadians confuse me. I love my brothers and sisters in the Great White North, eh? I enjoy a lot of the things they enjoy: smoke, beer, jelly donuts and single payer health care..beauty, eh? But one thing that freaks me out is their fascination with metrics. Here's what I mean. I got a newsletter from Bubba with a recipe. The Recipe is:

Quote:Apple Butter Spread – From 2Beers

2 8 oz blocks of cream cheese -room temp-
1 16 oz jar of Homemade Apple Butter*
Milk 1-2 TBSP
1 cup ( more or less ) toasted/slightly salted pecans

In a mixing bowl or food processor whip the cream cheese with the milk just a little at a time enough to make it spreadable. Take the softened cheese and spread onto a large platter keeping it even cross the whole platter. Then take the apple butter and also spread it on top of the cream cheese. Garnish with crushed pecans (if desired) and serve with crackers, or gingersnap cookies.

* You could use pumpkin butter instead of the apple. We also make this with the cream cheese and then canned Cranberry sauce on top. The Townhouse crackers went well with the spread, but we also tried it with gingersnap cookies and it was pretty good too.

Oatmeal Stout Brownies – From Boomer

1 Cup All Purpose Flour
¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
¼ teaspoon salt
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cubed room temp.
8 oz. dark bittersweet chocolate finely chopped
¾ cup white chocolate chips
4 large eggs, room temp.
1 cup superfine or granulated sugar
1 ¼ cup (10 oz) oatmeal stout beer
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1-8 oz package cream cheese
1/3 cup granulated sugar
½ teaspoon vanilla
1 large egg

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease and flour a 9x13 inch baking pan or line with foil sling and spray with cooking oil.

In a medium bowl, sift together flour, cocoa powder, then whisk until uniformly combined. Set aside.

Melt butter, bittersweet chocolate and white chocolate chips in a double boiler over low heat stirring until melted. Remove from heat.

In a large mixing bowl beat 4 eggs, and 1 cup sugar on high speed until light and fluffy about 3 minutes. Add melted chocolate mixture beating until combined.

Beat reserved flour mixture into melted chocolate mixture. Whisk in stout beer. The batter will seem thin. Drop semisweet chocolate chip evenly on top of batter. Pour batter into prepared baking pan.

Beat cream cheese in medium bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Gradually beat in 1/3 cup sugar. Beat in one egg and vanilla until just blended.

Pour cream cheese mixture over brownie batter in pan. Cut through mixture with frosting spreader or butter knife several times to create marbled design.

Bake 25-35 minutes on center rack in oven until a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.

Cool brownies on rack, uncovered, to room temperature. Dust with powdered sugar before serving.

Sounds yummy, but one thing confuse me...Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Isn't that a little high? Water freezes at 0. Water boils at 100. But 375??? Wow. I guess you put the mix in and after two seconds, it's done:

And in case you're wondering, selected below this text
I WAS ONLY KIDDING!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-13-2011, 03:46 PM
RE: Regarding the e-mail Bubba sent us
Silly ARF, April Fool's day is a long way off!

10-13-2011, 04:25 PM
RE: Regarding the e-mail Bubba sent us
(10-13-2011 03:46 PM)nettiesaur Wrote:  Silly ARF, April Fool's day is a long way off!

hee hee hee Tongue Big Grin

Cool <---Hey look, it's Geddy!