Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
Love Food But Need To Lose Weight
10-13-2011, 06:21 PM
Love Food But Need To Lose Weight

I'm surprised that no one has created a thread like this.

I confess, I am a "foodie." I love to eat and there's not much I don't like. That with a little dessert and a piece of chocolate now and then have put about 15 pounds on me.

I know what I need to do. Don't we all? Why is it so difficult to be disciplined sometimes?

I want to live! To eat good food!

"Wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then."
"Try to catch the deluge in a paper cup."
"Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end."
"Lately it occurs to me, what a long strange trip it's been.
"You've been all over and it's been all over you."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-13-2011, 06:25 PM
RE: Love Food But Need To Lose Weight
Oreos and ice-cold milk at 2:00 AM.

Most of us are so caught up in life that we forget to live it.
Find all posts by this user
10-13-2011, 06:35 PM
Yes, I am guilty of that. In fact, the other night I ate about 12 Chips Ahoy at about 2 am. What is it with food at 2am?!

"Wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then."
"Try to catch the deluge in a paper cup."
"Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end."
"Lately it occurs to me, what a long strange trip it's been.
"You've been all over and it's been all over you."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-13-2011, 06:51 PM
Simple pleasure? Not really concerned with weight gain... yet. I evidently still have a teenage metabolism. I figure when I turn 60 everything will just fall apart.

Most of us are so caught up in life that we forget to live it.
10-13-2011, 08:08 PM
(10-13-2011 06:25 PM)Mufasa Wrote:  Oreos and ice-cold milk at 2:00 AM.

I think I love you...

Good thread guys...it'll be interesting to see what folks bring up. I have one more PT test to go before I'm done, so I'm being careful right now too.

Tips that have worked for me:

-NO soda/pop/Coke, period!
-Whole wheat instead of enriched breads
-this is a biggie: PORTION CONTROL!!! Stopped eating right out of the bag/box and when to just a small amount of whatever.
-watch the sugar intake
-reward yourself with a special meal every now and then, but keep the portions under control (10 oz steak instead of a 16 oz)
-stay away from fried crap (not crap literally...you know what I mean...)

that's enough for now...I'm hungry... Smile

Love and respect...
Turn up the music and smile!
ASSTA Member
10-13-2011, 08:17 PM
Vincent, glad I'm not the only one struggling with that!! I seriously need to lose weight. I swear, I gained 40 when I turned 40. And gained 30 when I turned 30 that never came off!

I'm trying to be better about it. Its really tough for me to stay on a diet though. Working overnights not only messes up my diet, it does terrible things to my metabolism too. Getting to the gym... well, I often have to choose between working out and sleeping. Not exactly a good choice. (Need to get a treadmill at home or something!) And I munch a lot.. on things I shouldn't. Like Triscuits!

My other issue is beer. Yes, I flat out admit it. I drink light beer now but even then.. if you drink 3 of them, thats still about 300 calories. Not good. Its a struggle. But if you're looking for a weight loss buddy, I'll take you up on it!

Intolerant of Intolerance.
10-13-2011, 08:27 PM
(10-13-2011 08:17 PM)ladijules Wrote:  Vincent, glad I'm not the only one struggling with that!! I seriously need to lose weight. I swear, I gained 40 when I turned 40. And gained 30 when I turned 30 that never came off!

I'm trying to be better about it. Its really tough for me to stay on a diet though. Working overnights not only messes up my diet, it does terrible things to my metabolism too. Getting to the gym... well, I often have to choose between working out and sleeping. Not exactly a good choice. (Need to get a treadmill at home or something!) And I munch a lot.. on things I shouldn't. Like Triscuits!

My other issue is beer. Yes, I flat out admit it. I drink light beer now but even then.. if you drink 3 of them, thats still about 300 calories. Not good. Its a struggle. But if you're looking for a weight loss buddy, I'll take you up on it!

I hear ya on the overnight gig. Twelve hour nights is a killer on the diet. I learned not to eat after midnight and not eat before I sleep when I get home. That usually means I don't eat from midnight until late afternoon the next day.
10-13-2011, 10:31 PM
I've struggled with my weight since puberty. Until then I was a skinny kid. Gee thanks, Mother Nature Undecided

My weakness is sweets. I love cookies, cake, ice cream, candy... if it's sweet I will eat it. But I do use portion control. If I'm having cookies, I'll take a small portion and put the rest away. I get those bags of small-sized candy bars because one will do it for me for days. Even with ice cream, I'll buy a pint and that will last me for awhile because I will only eat a dozen or so bites at a time. It's like my sweet tooth is demanding but it's easily assuaged.

I haven't been exercising as much as I should because I'm still having issues with pain even 2 years after the car accident. But I do try to get a mile-long walk in a few times a week. Like I said, Bubba lays down the beat and I walk to it (Bravado, The Weapon and Roll The Bones are really good for this). When I travel, I do a lot more walking and, in Hawai'i, swimming. I wish I could travel more.... Cool

... in a world where I feel so small I can't stop thinking big!
10-14-2011, 07:15 AM (This post was last modified: 10-14-2011 07:16 AM by Rey.)
My guilty pleasure lately has been Cherry Garcia. It is just simply one of the best ice cream flavors I have ever had, and it is addictive. Help! Angel

I usually never have really late night snacks, because then you have to brush your teeth again before going back to bed. You do brush your teeth again, don't you?

Wind in my hair, Shifting and drifting, Mechanical music, Adrenaline surge-
10-14-2011, 10:05 AM
Mrs. N'awlins has gotten on a chocolate chip cookie crusade, usually 2-3 dozen at a time, trying to get that "perfect" cookie down. Of course, I have to do all the taste testing, so last night it was 8-9 huge CCC's with a big glass of 2% milk. Didn't sleep too well though, must cut down on the milk!

"Rollin' numbers, rock-n-rollin', got my Kiss records out!"