Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
Love Food But Need To Lose Weight
10-15-2011, 06:47 PM
RE: Love Food But Need To Lose Weight
Awe hey thanks folks! You can be sure that I know you're with me every step of the way. I know there will be tough days so I'll make a point of dropping in for some good cheer.

Getting all the nutrients is a big deal after the surgery RN PRN. It's a constant job afterward I am told along with sipping water. They say time off work is really important because so much time is spent eating and drinking. I've been trying to cut out stuff here and there but there are some tough one's Coffee and Coke are difficult right now.

I don't drink tons of coffee but what I drink is really really good. So changing that to toast and fruit cup is tricky. For those who enjoy a coffee and a smoke first thing then eat lunch as the first meal of the day, you know the score.

Coke has almost been a food group of it's own for me for years. I'll miss them.

I find trying to focus on the goal at the end helps take my mind off the constant desire for food.

Thank you all.

Oh Bleat!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-16-2011, 05:52 AM
Yes, we're here for you Jet! Keep us posted along the way.

Last night we celebrated someone's birthday in a "pub food" locale. After eating well all day, I succumbed to spanicopita, steak tidbits, crab cakes, dumplings, etc. They kept coming around with trays. Talk about temptation.
I fell flat on my face. Then we snuck next door for Thai food. I had Tom Ka Gai which is spicy chicken and vegetables in a coconut broth. Then returned next door for the birthday cake.

It tasted so good though!

Today I will try to temper last night's indulgence with healthier food today.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-16-2011, 09:00 AM
Vincent, good finger foods are one of my downfalls too!! Just do the best you can to make up for it!

Intolerant of Intolerance.
10-16-2011, 10:22 PM
Wait! Spanicopita isn't good for you?

[Image: overreact.gif]

... in a world where I feel so small I can't stop thinking big!
10-17-2011, 06:35 AM
(10-16-2011 10:22 PM)Scythe Matters Wrote:  Wait! Spanicopita isn't good for you?

But it tastes sooooo gooood!!
10-17-2011, 09:58 AM
(10-16-2011 10:22 PM)Scythe Matters Wrote:  Wait! Spanicopita isn't good for you?

Scythe-your emoticons just crack me up Big Grin

If I'd known you were French, I'd have worn galoshes...
10-17-2011, 10:35 AM
Jetrow, sounds like you're on to the next chapter of life. Good frame of mind, priorities in order...sometimes that's the toughest part, diminishing the things you want and prioritizing the things you need. With the dedication you're demonstrating, you're a success waiting to happen.

RN-PRN, you've got it just right. By and large, the ones who lose it AND keep it off are the ones who avail themselves of both diet and exercise. Regardless it is a struggle for most of us, myself included.

Know thyself.
Socrates
10-17-2011, 11:24 AM
Ditto what derekpt stated re: frame of mind, priorities....Here's hoping the remainder of your tests clear the way for your procedure, and you can get that next chapter started ASAP!

The fact that you were brave enough to share your story is testament to how determined you are to succeed, and we're certainly here to support you along the way - please keep us posted!

Blah blah blah....yada yada yada!
10-17-2011, 11:49 AM
I get the 2 am nibblies as well. Do I reach for fat-free yogurt or some dried cranberries? Nooooo of course not. It's that scoop of ice cream and a few double-choc chip cookies.

I've mentioned before that I've been working out at my local gym at least 3x per week.

Have I lost any weight? Nooooo!

I'll finish this response later. Now... where did I put those potato chips?

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain
10-17-2011, 12:07 PM
(10-17-2011 11:49 AM)old honda rider Wrote:  I get the 2 am nibblies as well. Do I reach for fat-free yogurt or some dried cranberries? Nooooo of course not. It's that scoop of ice cream and a few double-choc chip cookies.

I've mentioned before that I've been working out at my local gym at least 3x per week.

Have I lost any weight? Nooooo!

I'll finish this response later. Now... where did I put those potato chips?

Just remember...muscle weighs more than fat. You may not lose weight, but you will gain muscle mass.