Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Time Machine Tour movie in Portland, OR
10-26-2011, 01:55 PM
RE: Time Machine Tour movie in Portland, OR
Have fun you guys - will be thinking of ya...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-26-2011, 05:42 PM
Sitting in the theatre with the Hubby and we've got 20 minutes until show time

"... always throw spilt salt over your left shoulder, keep rosemary by your garden gate, plant lavender for luck, and fall in love whenever you can..." Practical Magic
10-26-2011, 10:04 PM
Owwwww. Well, as if there were any doubt...show was awesome as usual, but one thing......let it never be said that there aren't any good lookin' young ladies at a show. Wow. Even the guy behind me at the theatre was taken a bit by surprise.

Boys looked like they enjoyed themselves though.

Primary Principle - "It must NEVER be my fault"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-26-2011, 10:46 PM
I was gonna blubber about it on FB, but...sigh...only you guys would understand!
OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!! It was almost like being there, and silly me, being the sap that I am cried at the opening again. And then again at "'Angels" and "Presto"...WTH? I swear, the lyrics just kinda hit you when your vulnerable. Thanks a lot Bubba! (No, really I mean it...thank you!!!)

I was kinda bummed...I had read that this was going to be the WHOLE show, but "Resist" and "Hope" and the cover songs were missing. But hey, that's why you buy the disc, right? Smile Still, I laughed, I cried, I screamed along...it was awesome!!! Dirk sounded freakin awesome and the other Boys were killin' it as well. Ya just gotta Heart 'em, sayin'?

I am a happy camper...Rolleyes

Love and respect...
Turn up the music and smile!
ASSTA Member
10-27-2011, 06:26 AM
They didnt play "Hope" and the solo was chopped. But - "Angels" really hits a sweet spot. At the end though - they didnt play that last skit! I wanted folks to see that last one - I mean....robbing Bubba of a samich is....well, funny!

Ahh well. At least they cranked the volume up - made me feel like I was there. Had a hard time hearing on the bike ride home, but I had a helmet on anyways.

10-27-2011, 09:16 AM
Can't wait for that DVD to show up on the doorstep, just in time for the wedding anniversary! So I'm guessin' I gotta shove all the kids out the door, shut the curtains, scoot the recliner right up in front of the tv and crank the volume to 11? Think I'll be able to replicate the experience? Rolleyes

Blah blah blah....yada yada yada!
10-27-2011, 09:18 AM
There were only about 25/30 people in our theatre and everyone sat in different areas so it gave you the feel of having a private showing. Sighhhh... nothing like spending the evening having( oh, so very bad for you )popcorn and soda, holding someone's hand and listening to our favorite trio.

"... always throw spilt salt over your left shoulder, keep rosemary by your garden gate, plant lavender for luck, and fall in love whenever you can..." Practical Magic
10-27-2011, 11:04 AM
We only had about 30 folks too, and many of those folks brought their kids....way cool. Liked how they incorporated scenes with the kids - thats pretty neat to see that generation hoopin it up with mom and dad.

All I had was a root beer. No pop corn. How can ya air drum with popcorn?

10-27-2011, 11:18 AM
We had so much fun, y'all, and all the texting back and forth between time zones before the film made it even better! We had a great dinner with Bagel, Hannibal and friends, along with HWG. Patty has been officially welcomed into the PNW B 'n' G Crew Smile

We had the room pretty much to ourselves, as well, so we could hoot 'n' holler and sing along as much as we wanted to, so we did Big Grin
They picked an excellent show to highlight for this project. As always, it's a joy to watch them have so much fun onstage. The goofing around was my favorite part!

I noticed one B 'n' G shirt in the audience, and also saw the girl who was next to me at the CC Amph show. I wish I could travel like that!

Bagel had the camera and a long drive home, so we'll have to wait until she's had her coffee for the pictures Wink

"I will quietly resist."
10-27-2011, 12:58 PM
Ok, I have links to a couple of pictures from last night! (and I'm drinking my second bowl of coffee!)

The first one was of HardwareGrl, EN and myself at Old Wives Tales restaurant
http://www.flickr.com/photos/30255666@N0...hotostream

After dinner, we went to the theater where we met Patty in person! (EN, I'm so sorry for the blur).
http://www.flickr.com/photos/30255666@N0...hotostream

A party without cake is really just a meeting