Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Time Machine Tour movie in Portland, OR
11-15-2011, 07:47 AM
RE: Time Machine Tour movie in Portland, OR
It's great to see how much they all seem to enjoy playing together after all these years - lots of smiles from Alex & Geddy, and even Bubba looked like he was having fun at a few points! I saw The Police on their reunion tour in Toronto a couple years ago, and while they still played well, they had zero chemistry between them, and it really seemed like they were just up there to earn a paycheck. No smiles or interaction with each other at all. Very business-like and each in their own world. We had seats behind the stage (which gave us a FANTASTIC view of Stewart Copeland's amazing drumming, and Sting's tushy!), but during intermission and after the show, we saw them walk off the stage seperately without even acknowledging each other. VERY different vibe than what our boys give off during a live show!

"I cook with wine, sometimes I even add it to the food."
W. C. Fields
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-15-2011, 10:13 AM
That's one of the best things about seeing the boys in concert or even on DVD. They look so relaxed and connected! It's like they're up there having the same fun with the audience, as we're having with them--all while cranking out INCREDIBLE music! They make it look so EASY Big Grin

If I'd known you were French, I'd have worn galoshes...
12-17-2011, 07:51 AM
Thanks to the boys for putting this movie on Paladia in High def. I was able to enjoy the show in my living room, Happy Holidays!
12-18-2011, 02:14 AM
(11-14-2011 10:38 AM)burma.girl Wrote:  Finally got to watch a part of the DVD last night...Deb, I *think* I saw you, managed to find the shot of a lil' blonde head floating between two tall guys. Tongue
I think one of the funniest things is the look Bubba shoots Dirk at the end of the instrumental break of Freewill....farkin' EPIC! Kinda like, "Here, lemme just add one more dollop of rocket sauce to an already amazing dish of drumming goodness!" I laughed so hard!! Made me think of reading (I thing in Far and Away) that his mom said she liked seeing pics of him smiling while he performed....I would have to agree. Mom knows best! Big Grin

Just now saw your post... I loved this, too. It looked to me like Bubba was thinking, "Gee ya think you guys could go a little faster? Sheesh!" I guess because I watched his DVD and when he talked about doing Freewill live, he said that during that break he just "plays as fast as I can" and that seems to work. It felt like he was doing that and barely keeping up - Dirk & Lerxst were jamming so HARD!

I also loved the little interplay at the start of Subdivisions: "Having fun?" Big Grin

Man, I love it so much when the band is having a great time, too. I love to see the band laugh and goof around. It makes it that much better for me as an audience member.

... in a world where I feel so small I can't stop thinking big!