Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Church Billboards and Other Interesting Signs
10-24-2011, 07:00 PM (This post was last modified: 10-25-2011 08:00 PM by VincentUlyssis.)
Church Billboards and Other Interesting Signs
Bubba seems to notice these and derive some amusement.

He mentioned that he saw one that I had seen in East Rockaway in south Nassau County on Long Island about ten or so years ago.

"Seven days without prayer makes one weak."

There must be a book of them that has been published. I'll bet if you googled billboard sign companies for churches, they probably sell you one in the "sign package."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-24-2011, 07:48 PM
RE: Church Billboards
Church Signs Across America

There's a few, actually:

Church Sign books

My Aunt and Uncle used to run (what else would you call it?) a church in Texas and then Arkansas. They didn't have a sign, though, so I never got to suggest things for it. Dang it.

... in a world where I feel so small I can't stop thinking big!
Find all posts by this user
10-25-2011, 11:57 AM
Well this is the forum for existing signs or suggestions!
10-25-2011, 12:00 PM
My all-time favourite wasn't a sign, it was the name of the church that somehow got spelled incorrectly,

"All are welcome
Services 9:00 and 1:00
Welcome to Scared Heart"

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain
10-25-2011, 07:52 PM
Ok so it wasn't a church billboard, but at the local humane society that was announcing that you could get kittens 1/2 off. Hubby then asks which half do you get?

"... always throw spilt salt over your left shoulder, keep rosemary by your garden gate, plant lavender for luck, and fall in love whenever you can..." Practical Magic
10-25-2011, 08:04 PM
RE: Church Billboards and Other Interesting Signs
OHR, I went to Scared Heart in Suffern through 5th grade. Sister Pat threw me out of 2nd grade into the 1st by my ear on Halloween because I wasn't doing my "fun" Halloween dittos. I decided to chill with all the other kids all in our costumes. I was the cheesy 1970's Black Cat. Yeah, that's the one.

Dos Birras: I have changed the title of this thread in your honor! So technically we are "co-threaders." It would be cool if you name could be on it too. Just sayin'.
10-25-2011, 08:57 PM
(10-25-2011 08:04 PM)VincentUlyssis Wrote:  OHR, I went to Scared Heart in Suffern through 5th grade. Sister Pat threw me out of 2nd grade into the 1st by my ear on Halloween because I wasn't doing my "fun" Halloween dittos. I decided to chill with all the other kids all in our costumes. I was the cheesy 1970's Black Cat. Yeah, that's the one.

Dos Birras: I have changed the title of this thread in your honor! So technically we are "co-threaders." It would be cool if you name could be on it too. Just sayin'.

But the Halloween dittos are fun!

and now, back to the sign thread.

10-26-2011, 05:57 PM
"Honk if you love Jesus, text while driving if you want to meet him."
10-27-2011, 08:25 AM
The last one I remember recently was, Don't worry...even Moses was a basket case. They must use th church sign book, Scythe linked, or something. I usually don't pay attention to them.

I'm taking a ride with my best friend...I hope he never lets me down again.
10-27-2011, 04:05 PM (This post was last modified: 10-27-2011 04:06 PM by BrianW.)
Scythe, you're right! I've got a book in my hot little hand titled Now Open Sundays! by Rev. Paul Sinclair. For twelve years the Rev. put up funny, entertaining and thought provoking signs outside his church in Willesden in the UK (that right NWO?). Here's a sampling:
Forbidden Fruit Causes Many Jams! or If Your Problem is Long Standing, Try Kneeling.

Shifting & Drifting