Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Good Simple Food
10-31-2011, 07:43 AM (This post was last modified: 10-31-2011 07:51 AM by Onebad70ss.)
RE: Good Simple Food
Thanks Deb for posting these (you went to a lot of work and I do appreciate it).

I'll print these off a give them a try, they sound delish. I'll let you know how I make out (can't wait)....

Have a great day!!!
[quote='debskis' pid='27554' dateline='1320032538']
I

Let me know if you have any questions. Wish you lived closer Steve & Monica!! I\'d make a batch and bring it over!!!

Just did a quick google map thingy "Finger Lakes NY to Kelowna, B.C."
2,651 miles, 44 hours driving time. Things would probably be a little cold by then.. Ha Ha

Thanks Again
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-31-2011, 09:38 AM
Hi , OneBads'! Some thing we absolutely love and is super easy is BBQ
pork in the crock pot. Throw in a pork shouler,beef broth ,onions a little
garlic. simmer all day in crock pot,break up meat with abig fork add BBQ sauce of your choice, serve up on fresh rolls. yummy! freeze remainder for lunches or dinner later in the week. Our thought to you both. Bear.
10-31-2011, 10:18 AM
Here is another quick crock pot idea. Place chicken pieces in crockpot, add sliced onion, and green pepper if you like. Pour any bbq sauce of your choice over the top and let it cook on low all day. The chicken becomes very tender and will fall of the bones. You can you place it on buns for a sandwich or make sides to go with it.
10-31-2011, 01:17 PM
A couple more great suggestions Desertbear & RN-PRN. I will give these a try also.

Thanks for your help....
10-31-2011, 03:07 PM
NO PROBLEM BUDDY, THESES HEEE-ARE PEEPL LOVZ YA!!!
10-31-2011, 09:02 PM
(10-31-2011 07:43 AM)onebad70ss Wrote:  Thanks Deb for posting these (you went to a lot of work and I do appreciate it).

I'll print these off a give them a try, they sound delish. I'll let you know how I make out (can't wait)....

Have a great day!!!
[quote='debskis' pid='27554' dateline='1320032538']
I

Let me know if you have any questions. Wish you lived closer Steve & Monica!! I\'d make a batch and bring it over!!!

Just did a quick google map thingy "Finger Lakes NY to Kelowna, B.C."
2,651 miles, 44 hours driving time. Things would probably be a little cold by then.. Ha Ha

LOL! We actually have a car adapter thingy that I've plugged the crockpot into before!...could show-up in Kelowna w/a hot meal someday, ya never know!!! ;-)
Thanks Again
You are very welcome! Still lookin' for the cacciatore recipe...haven't made it in awhile so I can't just go by memory on it. Sounding good for dinner tomorrow night maybe though!!

"I cook with wine, sometimes I even add it to the food."
W. C. Fields
11-03-2011, 10:42 AM
CROCKPOT CHICKEN CACCIATORE

Ingredients
6 chicken breasts, boneless (sliced in half)
olive oil
1 cup yellow onion, coarsely chopped
32 ounces tomato sauce, jarred
2 teaspoons dried oregano, (crushed)
2 teaspoons dried thyme, (crushed)
2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons pepper
2 teaspoons garlic, minced
6 ounces sliced mushrooms, canned
1/4 cup dry red wine, (optional)
1 cup green pepper, coarsely chopped

Directions
1.Coat bottom of a skillet with olive oil, heat on stovetop set to medium heat, and brown chicken.
2.Drain and add chicken to stoneware.
3.Combine all other ingredients with chicken.
4.Place stoneware in slow cooker heating base, cover, and cook on Low for 5-7 hours or on High for 2-3 hours.

This is from http://www.crock-pot.com

I have this recipe in my crockpot right now, minus the mushrooms or green peppers. Have made it with other veggies in the past, like summer squash and zucchini. Very versatile!!!

ENJOY!

W. C. Fields
11-03-2011, 11:31 AM
(11-03-2011 10:42 AM)debskis Wrote:  CROCKPOT CHICKEN CACCIATORE... <snip>

OMG Debskis! I 100% must try that at my earliest opportunity! That looks great!

Note to self: Never read recipes like this when you're hungry lest you go to the grocery store and come home with $1000 work of food.

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain
11-03-2011, 08:57 PM
Had the cacciatore tonight and I def needed to cook it longer than the recipe stated, prob bc some of my pieces were quite thick. Also, one thing I suggest is maybe 1/2 hour before you want to eat, shred or chunk the chicken up a bit (it should be falling apart nicely), and just let the meat rest for a bit in the sauce to soak up some of the flavor! Wish the kids liked peppers & mushrooms b/c I think they would really add a lot to the flavor, but it was still pretty good without it!

I made a ton if anyone wants to stop over!! ;-)

W. C. Fields
11-15-2011, 09:02 AM
Just a quick note debskis to let you know that we tried the "Italian Beef & Noodles" crockpot recipe yesterday. it turned out really good, Monica and I both thoroughly enjoyed it. It was nice to have something out of the crockpot that didn't taste like it came out of a crockpot..

Thanks Again....