Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Good Simple Food
11-15-2011, 09:06 PM
RE: Good Simple Food
(11-15-2011 09:02 AM)onebad70ss Wrote:  Just a quick note debskis to let you know that we tried the "Italian Beef & Noodles" crockpot recipe yesterday. it turned out really good, Monica and I both thoroughly enjoyed it. It was nice to have something out of the crockpot that didn't taste like it came out of a crockpot..

Thanks Again....

You are very welcome! I'm always nervous when people try my recipes for the first time, but glad you enjoyed it!

"I cook with wine, sometimes I even add it to the food."
W. C. Fields
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-17-2011, 09:57 AM
We tried Deb's Chicken Cacciatore recipe yesterday and it was sooooo delicious! Instead of chicken breasts I used tenderloin pieces, which cooked up nicely and were very tender and flavorful. I added red/yellow/orange bell peppers along w/the green peppers/mushrooms/onion to bulk it up a bit and give it some color. I served it w/spaghetti noodles, the fam loved it, even the picky young'uns! Very easy to make, we'll definitely keep that recipe in our arsenal. Hubby thought it would be a neat twist to add pieces of fried plantain for additional texture.....

My only concern was that I had over-salted it (even though hubby and teenager said it wasn't). After taste-testing the dish and then checking the label on the tomato sauce can, I discovered that the sauce already had a fair amount of salt in it. I would recommend holding off on salt until after it's simmered for awhile, then check to see if it needs additional salt.

Thanks Deb! Winner winner chicken [cacciatore] dinner!

Blah blah blah....yada yada yada!
11-18-2011, 11:29 AM
So glad you liked it BG! I think the recipe would also work well with bone-in chicken - legs, thighs, etc. Prob take the skin off first though to keep the fat content in check. Love the idea of the different colored peppers...should do that next time and just make the kids pick them out! Interesting idear about the fried plaintain too...never woulda thunkit but I'm game for trying anything new!

Tx for the good review!

"I cook with wine, sometimes I even add it to the food."
W. C. Fields