Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Calendar Contest
10-26-2011, 03:25 PM (This post was last modified: 10-27-2011 11:16 AM by Brutus.)
Calendar Contest
Hi everyone. This is our first edition of the Calendar Contest. Simply guess the city in which this was taken. Hint: Les Boyz played here last tour. First 3 correct guessers win a signed calendar. Here's the prize:

http://www.bubbawares.com/bubbawares/bub...index.html

If I don't get 3 winners I'll post a second image. Caution! Contest open to registered grillers only and one guess per person, ok? So make sure before you make your guess and good luck

Sacred cows make the best hamburgers.

I bought a doughnut and they gave me a receipt for the doughtnut... I don't need a receipt for the doughnut. I give you money and you give me the doughnut, end of transaction. We don't need to bring ink and paper into this. I can't imagine a scenario that I would have to prove that I bought a doughnut. To some skeptical friend, 'Don't even act like I didn't get that doughnut, I've got the documentation right here... It's in my file at home. ...Under "D".'
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-26-2011, 03:29 PM
RE: Calendar Contest
From the looks of the chilly passersby, my guess would be "Vancouver, B.C."?

"Rollin' numbers, rock-n-rollin', got my Kiss records out!"
10-26-2011, 03:30 PM
Helsinki, Finland????????

If I'd known you were French, I'd have worn galoshes...
10-26-2011, 03:36 PM
I also say Helsinki, Finland!

Well-weathered leather, hot metal and oil, the scented country air..
10-26-2011, 03:40 PM
I'm with Gungawoman on this one..

Helsinki, Finland...
10-26-2011, 03:42 PM
Ditto on Helsinki....lots of tall Finns!

Blah blah blah....yada yada yada!
10-26-2011, 04:11 PM
Hearing crickets........

If I'd known you were French, I'd have worn galoshes...
10-26-2011, 06:17 PM (This post was last modified: 10-26-2011 07:35 PM by Mufasa.)
It's Helsinki. That is the Havis Amanda statue behind the trams.

Most of us are so caught up in life that we forget to live it.
10-26-2011, 06:23 PM
Nice Mufasa and others. I was going to guess Prague but not sure if they ever played there.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-27-2011, 09:36 AM (This post was last modified: 10-27-2011 11:13 AM by Brutus.)
Congrats to our winners. I think I might have to make the next contest a little more difficult! Could Gungawoman, Rey and burma.girl email me with an address I can use to send the calendar? Onebad also was a winner but he wanted to pull out 'cause he feels he's been gifted enough but I say pooh on that. So we're gonna give 4 away this time. I'll be hooking up with Bubba later in November in Toronto and we are going to work on our carpal tunnel syndrom and start signing a bunch of calendars. The Far And Away calendar starts in December so hopefully they will get to everyone before that or very soon thereafter.

A Prize Every Time!

B

[attachment=363]

[attachment=362]

[attachment=361]

Sacred cows make the best hamburgers.

I bought a doughnut and they gave me a receipt for the doughtnut... I don't need a receipt for the doughnut. I give you money and you give me the doughnut, end of transaction. We don't need to bring ink and paper into this. I can't imagine a scenario that I would have to prove that I bought a doughnut. To some skeptical friend, 'Don't even act like I didn't get that doughnut, I've got the documentation right here... It's in my file at home. ...Under "D".'