Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Calendar Contest
12-20-2011, 09:56 AM
RE: Calendar Contest
Just got off the phone with Rayanne at Showtech and she's in the loop. She thinks their IT guy can create a program to search for previous calendar orders to make sure you get a signed Bubba calendar if you are bringing your order up to 4. But just for my own piece of mind would you message me so I can ddouble check. Also message me if you've spent $60 at Bubba-Wares since the beginning of December. Thanks.

BOX

Sacred cows make the best hamburgers.

I bought a doughnut and they gave me a receipt for the doughtnut... I don't need a receipt for the doughnut. I give you money and you give me the doughnut, end of transaction. We don't need to bring ink and paper into this. I can't imagine a scenario that I would have to prove that I bought a doughnut. To some skeptical friend, 'Don't even act like I didn't get that doughnut, I've got the documentation right here... It's in my file at home. ...Under "D".'
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-20-2011, 04:41 PM
My first calendar is being shipped. Could not see Brutus post from today. I hope the sell is still going. I just ordered 3 more calendars for birthday presents.
12-20-2011, 07:14 PM
(12-20-2011 04:41 PM)Phillip Wrote:  My first calendar is being shipped. Could not see Brutus post from today. I hope the sell is still going. I just ordered 3 more calendars for birthday presents.

Drop him a PM just in case. I know he'd rather you do that than not get your signed calendar. Smile

... in a world where I feel so small I can't stop thinking big!
12-28-2011, 12:16 PM
I swear, that Brutus never ceases to amaze! I put my order in on the 12th, sent him a PM, and viola!...it was on my doorstep yesterday afternoon! Billie was pleasantly surprise with her pink n' black bowling shirt, and I'm beside myself with giddyness with my white n' black one, the cool coaster set and the piece de' resistance: my FnA-DNA calender! Thank you Brutus & Bubba, and the folks at Showtech for making my year!

[Image: 100_0322.jpg]

Of course we HAD to break in the coasters with a jug of Burgudy! Cheers!

"Rollin' numbers, rock-n-rollin', got my Kiss records out!"
12-28-2011, 04:16 PM
Ok, now I'm a little...miffed! I was just on ebay perusing the music memorabilia section of a certain band, when what do I come across but a SIGNED FnA calender! I'm not one to try and tell anyone what to do with their personal property, but evidently there's someone in New Jersey who doesn't appreciate a damn thing! Luckily, there are no bids on it as of yet, but the goof has the audacitiy to use the same advert from Bubbaware's, along with mentioning there were only 85 signed copies left and a starting bid price of $195.12 and a Buy It Now price of $311.12! WTF?!
I'm sorry if I've offended anyone, and I don't mean to be judgemental, but there is NO WAY I would ever even THINK of selling mine! I just think it's a little inconsiderate that someone has taken for granted the time, effort, and patience that Brutus and Bubba put into this thing, and they would stoop so low as to sell something that was a gift from them! I guess there's just no pleasing some people...ok, rant over! *kicks floor and shuffles off to the bar*

"Rollin' numbers, rock-n-rollin', got my Kiss records out!"
12-28-2011, 04:32 PM
I approve of your little up on your soap box moment. I dare say I agree and found it in equally poor taste when I saw "Dryer Shirts" on ebay. What many of us would not have done for seats that close and the good fortune to have one land in our hot little hands.

BTW I did not, and prob. won't order one, as I have a signed copy of the book and as you said, might not fully appreciate mine. Best sent to one who will appreciate it.

November is now MOvember. Knowledge is POWER and the Mustache is KING. Support mens Health and my Mustache farm here: http://mobro.co/counselor
12-28-2011, 04:41 PM
I agree N'awlins and Counselor. I wanted the signed copy of Far and Away for my birthday last year. It sold out before my hubby could order it. I found SEVERAL copies on eBay starting at $300.00. And they were selling like hotcakes! Grrrrr.

If I'd known you were French, I'd have worn galoshes...
12-28-2011, 05:12 PM
That pisses me off. I mean, here's Bubba and Brutus trying to do nice things for a few folks here and there and then some jackarse has to come along and spoil it for everyone. That's not cool at all.

(right on par with all those jerks who stampeded to get the new Air Jordans cause they go for $500+ on fleabay)

What the hell's wrong with society these days?!?!?

There just aren't enough Michaels around to "fix" everyone...

Love and respect...
Turn up the music and smile!
ASSTA Member
12-28-2011, 05:19 PM
(12-28-2011 05:12 PM)CanyonDancer Wrote:  That pisses me off. I mean, here's Bubba and Brutus trying to do nice things for a few folks here and there and then some jackarse has to come along and spoil it for everyone. That's not cool at all.

(right on par with all those jerks who stampeded to get the new Air Jordans cause they go for $500+ on fleabay)

What the hell's wrong with society these days?!?!?

There just aren't enough Michaels around to "fix" everyone...

I'd chip in for a ticket to NJ for Michael to sort it out...Dodgy

I gotta say, I was luck enough to get one of the signed calenders from the sale, I ordered it on the 19th, and you know what? Those lovely folks from showtech managed to get it to me by the 24th, when I was expecting it on the 26th (which would have been 7 days for shipping). How sweet was that?

"Life ain't like books.
Books got somebody writin' 'em and tryin' to entertain ya.
Life is more like a set of Legos.
Unless you take care of 'em, you lose a few pieces and you end up steppin' on 'em with bare feet.
You gotta take care of your life."
~Laura Moncur
12-28-2011, 06:20 PM
Put a check-mark in the agitated box for me too! That calendar I recieved is special to me and i wouldn't put it on E-bay for all the tea in China!