Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Retirement feast
11-19-2011, 04:43 PM
RE: Retirement feast
(11-19-2011 11:21 AM)CanyonDancer Wrote:  
(11-18-2011 01:59 PM)BrianW Wrote:  Three bean salad and leafy greens.

Aw, there ya go...

Ok, tell ya what...I'll call it a pot luck and you guys can show up with your favorite Vegan dish! Smile

Yes? No? Big Grin

only if you grill some burgers and save them for me!

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-19-2011, 10:07 PM
I'll be there! Shall I bring some Greens & Beans? Or else I have a great baked bean casserole recipe that is yummy (sans bacon of course...dang vegans!) ;-p

"I cook with wine, sometimes I even add it to the food."
W. C. Fields
11-20-2011, 08:38 AM (This post was last modified: 11-20-2011 08:40 AM by Counselor.)
I have a Vegan friend and she always feels left out if all there is for her is Salad. I have found several things that I can do on the grill and make sure she is included. There are Tofu dogs, Vegan burgers, I have made a grilled tomato Gazpacho, Seitan is easily grilled and is mighty good slathered with BBQ sauce. Though I hate it Temphei (sp?) is also decent on the grill. There are several great cookbooks out there Vegan-omicon and Moosewood to name a few that offer some great recipes. I just know my friend always feels awkward if there is only salady things and always appreciates the extra effort.

For desert there is also always grilled fruit with maple glaze... served with ice-cream or some other more vegan appropriate alternative like tofuti, or coconut milk based ice creams etc. I hope you have a great big day! My fathers retirement was quite special.

Cheers!

November is now MOvember. Knowledge is POWER and the Mustache is KING. Support mens Health and my Mustache farm here: http://mobro.co/counselor