Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Blue Ice Vodka
11-13-2011, 11:21 PM
Blue Ice Vodka
So, our Russian friend - the one who lives in Vancouver - sent us another box of spirits. Some wine, another bottle of this great tekillya (no Macallan this time, tho) and a bottle of Blue Ice vodka. An American vodka. Now, if you're anything like me, you're thinking, "A Russian likes an American vodka?" Yes. And with good reason - it's delicious (and organic). We keep it in the freezer, which is where he told us it should be kept. Had a lovely screwdriver before dinner tonight.

Recommended tasting for the Bar & Grill folks if you can. Cool

... in a world where I feel so small I can't stop thinking big!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-14-2011, 03:31 PM
RE: Blue Ice Vodka
Nice! We keep our voodoo (as my Dad calls it), in the freezer too. Except for the flavored varieties, which have a tendency to freeze. My latest mixed beverage of choice is vanilla vodka & diet coke...yummy! Is the Blue Ice the brand or a flavor???

"I cook with wine, sometimes I even add it to the food."
W. C. Fields
11-15-2011, 10:09 PM
The brand. It isn't flavored. But I gotta say, your beverage sounds yummy!

... in a world where I feel so small I can't stop thinking big!
11-16-2011, 09:24 PM
I can believe a Russian sent you an American Vodka. I was steered to Tito's brand over MANY shots with the owner of a local Russian-American restaurant. It ranks up there with Jewel of Russia reserve label(I bought a bottle at $140+ a bottle:rolleyesSmile. the great thing about Tito's(made in Texas) is it is $19.99 a bottleCool.

I'm taking a ride with my best friend...I hope he never lets me down again.
11-16-2011, 09:34 PM
My brother in-law, who is a physician and has VERY expensive taste in wine and scotch, turned us onto a potato vodka from Poland called Luksusowa that is fantastic, and is only about $20 bucks a fifth. He came across it while living in Poland after college. I think it is right up there with Stoli or Grey Goose, but much cheaper, especially if you are just mixing it with other stuff!

"I cook with wine, sometimes I even add it to the food."
W. C. Fields
11-16-2011, 09:57 PM
(11-16-2011 09:24 PM)smoker guy Wrote:  I can believe a Russian sent you an American Vodka. I was steered to Tito's brand over MANY shots with the owner of a local Russian-American restaurant. It ranks up there with Jewel of Russia reserve label(I bought a bottle at $140+ a bottle:rolleyesSmile. the great thing about Tito's(made in Texas) is it is $19.99 a bottleCool.

Titos be some good stuff!

Most of us are so caught up in life that we forget to live it.
11-17-2011, 09:27 AM
Our local grocer just started carrying Tito's, might have to check it out. I'm a vodka/tonic girl, with a wee splash of Nellie & Joe's lime juice. Rolleyes

Blah blah blah....yada yada yada!
12-28-2011, 06:50 PM
Alec, when he taught me the Ukrainian (don't call him a Russian) way, set up a small plate with salt on it, some green onions, and some prosciutto. He told me wrap the onion in prosciutto, dip in the salt, take a bite, chew, swallow, take a shot, and then another bite. The combination of flavors is kick ass. The only problem is that it’s such a good flavor combination that I tend to have more than my 2 or 3 shots.

Bake Dat B*tch!!!

[Image: baconfish.jpg]