Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Nature
03-04-2012, 09:47 AM
RE: Nature
    We just got hit with a nice winter blast, this pic is outside my house, the trees are weighted down to the ground. Very pretty stuff. The snow was so heavy it took the power lines right down, we spent yesterday and last night powerless. Had to get into survival mode as temps dropped into the teens. It was a welcome challenge to a rather dismal winter.

"Listen...Jump on a moonbeam and rise, ride it, glide it all the way"
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-04-2012, 10:39 AM (This post was last modified: 03-04-2012 10:40 AM by Rey.)
(03-04-2012 09:47 AM)Markus Awreallyus Wrote:  We just got hit with a nice winter blast, this pic is outside my house, the trees are weighted down to the ground. Very pretty stuff. The snow was so heavy it took the power lines right down, we spent yesterday and last night powerless. Had to get into survival mode as temps dropped into the teens. It was a welcome challenge to a rather dismal winter.

Been there and done that recently, ha ha Wink (check the weather thread), although I was lucky and the power did not stay out as long as yours. Survival mode is kind of fun until you start wondering about the pipes freezing. Confused But it did not come to that. Yes the trees get very pretty with all the snow stuck to them, nice photo you posted. Mrs Rey looked into our backyard and said it looked like Narnia out there. The snow on the bushes and trees was enough to block out the view of the annoying neighbors behind us, could almost pretend they weren't there. Angel

Well-weathered leather, hot metal and oil, the scented country air..
03-04-2012, 01:13 PM
Friday nite brought us about 5-6 inches of Mother nature's frozen delights

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

"... always throw spilt salt over your left shoulder, keep rosemary by your garden gate, plant lavender for luck, and fall in love whenever you can..." Practical Magic
03-05-2012, 01:31 AM
We had that small bit last week but it looks like that was it for us up here. It's been alternately cloudy/rainy/dreary and bright/cold. Snow would be preferable - at least the barometer would be steady for awhile. Undecided

... in a world where I feel so small I can't stop thinking big!
03-08-2012, 06:49 PM
When I grow up I'm going to move to where it snows.

Following my morale compass
03-08-2012, 09:32 PM
(03-08-2012 06:49 PM)RaoulDuke Wrote:  When I grow up I'm going to move to where it snows.

Be careful what you wish for... last year was a nightmare.