Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Let's See Your Pets!!
06-27-2011, 09:48 PM
RE: Our furry, feathered or finned friends
Very nice looking dogs RN!

Cute Bunnies Mufasa!

GW, we have a cat that looks very similar to yours, except ours wouldn't be sleeping so peacefully on the windowsill, lol.

A party without cake is really just a meeting
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-27-2011, 10:20 PM
(06-27-2011 01:46 PM)burma.girl Wrote:  On the Weather thread I mentioned our new puppy & nettiesaur requested a pic. Hope you don't mind me startin' this subject.....Pets! They're just so darn cute, and I love to hear stories about how people choose their pet's names.

Our new West Highland Terrier pup, Hamish (8.5 weeks):

He's named after the lead character of one of our favorite (now defunct) shows on BBC America, "Hamish Macbeth" (HB was a Constable in a small north coast Scottish town called Lochdubh). In the series HB has a Westie named Wee Jock, but we preferred Hamish for our lil' critter....

Previous pets were named after characters of a favorite comic strip, "Bloom County" (Milo, Lola Granola and Hodge Podge). We had a black Lab named Mojo Jojo, a cartoon character on a show our then-4yo liked to watch. Growing up we had 2 cats, a Siamese & a Burmese named Mimi & Tuptim (characters from the musical "The King and I"), but for whatever reason we just called 'em "Kitty."

This is Molly Cupcake Mahoney. She's a 12 year old mini dachshund. I have had her since she was 7 weeks old! She's my best buddy in the whole world. This picture was taken a couple weeks ago when I picked her up after boarding her for a week while I did the AIDS bike ride. She was so happy to be in the car and coming home, and I was happy to kiss her sweet little face!!

Holly

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-28-2011, 05:27 AM (This post was last modified: 12-21-2011 10:15 AM by Jetrow.)
Hot Diggity! I love threads like this. You get to know more about people by the critters that live under their porch or well in some cases, on the bed and mostly the couch. Wink

Hamish is a great name for a Westy, and I quite liked his Westy Jock. Och! Put "wee" in front of anything and it's adorable.

I at one time had a Red Dobberman I called Humfrey. He taught me more about dogs and their behaviour than any book show or expert. I sure miss my old pal.

Currently we have living with us three furry creatures. Two cats and a dog. Yes the one in the avatar is the latest going concern. I Bullitt Dodger. I for the kennel name, Bullitt for Steve McQueen, and Dodger for the Artful Dodger from the story Oliver. Obvious twist is that some breeders would have taken him out behind the barn and shot him to hide the defect in the line.

He was the runt of the litter, born deaf and picked on pretty good. We got him at 5 weeks when he was the tiniest shrimp. Now he's a bruiser weighing in a 77 pounds. (he caught up) He's a sweetheart though and while he often looks like trotting violence, he does have the sweetest disposition. Very calm and without the need to prove himself. He will gladly roll with anyone though.

Here he is with his blankey. Rolleyes

[Image: BigKahuna.jpg]

He's had this blanket for years and I think we actually brought him home in it. He does love that dang thing and will bring it from bed to couch and back again.

As for the name, it's just not fun nor confusing enough to simply give the dog a name and maybe use a short version of it. No no, not for use nosirreeee.

So when you talk to the deaf dog, you call him Dodger. His full name is I Buillitt Dodger. When you talk about him, you refer to him as The Guinness, as in "the Phenom" or "the Great One" etc. Yes this way it's far more fun to explain the darn dog's name and simply calling him something. Blush

Like I said he's a sweetheart and just yesterday we met at a leash free park in Toronto a deaf and nearly blind Dachshund who cuddled up next to the Guinness and had a good old sit in the shade while the other dogs played together. That was a nice scene.

Oh Bleat!
Find all posts by this user
06-28-2011, 07:32 AM
He is a sweet looking pooch Jetrow Smile
06-28-2011, 04:02 PM
* Scene from Patton" crosses my mind.
William.... for William the conqueror.

Most of us are so caught up in life that we forget to live it.
06-28-2011, 04:11 PM (This post was last modified: 12-21-2011 10:34 AM by Jetrow.)
(06-28-2011 04:02 PM)Mufasa Wrote:  * Scene from Patton" crosses my mind.
William.... for William the conqueror.

They are just that way. There are a few movies with Bull Terriers in them, FrankenWeenie and It's A Dog's Life are two pretty good ones.

They can be a bit ... odd.

[Image: BringTheCouchNow.jpg]

Oh Bleat!
06-28-2011, 05:22 PM
I have fish.

My 7 year old neighbour named them.

Finny
Stripy
Swimmy
Spot

Good kid, but a little slow.

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain
06-28-2011, 06:55 PM (This post was last modified: 06-28-2011 06:56 PM by Mufasa.)
(06-28-2011 05:22 PM)old honda rider Wrote:  I have fish.

My 7 year old neighbour named them.

Finny
Stripy
Swimmy
Spot

Good kid, but a little slow.

LMAO!!! I swear to you that I heard Foghorn Leghorn just now!

06-28-2011, 08:40 PM
(06-27-2011 08:44 PM)nettiesaur Wrote:  What Hamish will look like when he grows up:

My sister's dog Gracie.

Interestingly, Hamish's "Alpha Momma" is our eldest daughter....Grace!

RN, Hailey & Max are gorgeous! I bet they do well for keeping strangers from coming through the garden gate....

Mufasa you get the gold star for extra superdeluxe useless pet cutie-cuteness....

Blah blah blah....yada yada yada!
06-28-2011, 09:10 PM
Oh ya Burma - I get that all the time... Wink