Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Let's See Your Pets!!
06-30-2011, 12:53 PM
RE: Our furry, feathered or finned friends
We have a rescue cat, Sid. And another who's not quite two I call Dink.
When he came home the naming began, and to this day he has four different names since we can't all decide on one. He earns Dink because that's what he is - all cattitude. One dwarf Bunny-bun-bun and seven chickens I name by color, Miss Black, Miss Gray, etc. Great to have critters around, they beat TV any day for entertainment.

Season's Greetings!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-30-2011, 01:46 PM
Great pics, everyone! Currently, I have a pair of Parlour Panthers, both rescues.
[Image: jordanonbench2.jpg]

This is Jordan, surveying the landscape for dogs, his mortal enemies.

[Image: amir428.jpg]

And this is Amir, ready for a road trip. He's a dog trapped in a cat's body. He loves to ride in my truck, and taught me how to play "fetch" Wink

"I will quietly resist."
Find all posts by this user
06-30-2011, 02:49 PM
And here's the Big Guy. He and I have traveled many miles together in our 22 years of friendship.
[Image: Doc.jpg]

Doc.

"I will quietly resist."
06-30-2011, 03:38 PM
Nice EN

Most of us are so caught up in life that we forget to live it.
06-30-2011, 07:38 PM
(06-28-2011 05:22 PM)old honda rider Wrote:  I have fish.

My 7 year old neighbour named them.

Finny
Stripy
Swimmy
Spot

Good kid, but a little slow.

That is SOOO funny Big Grin

If I'd known you were French, I'd have worn galoshes...
07-01-2011, 04:48 AM
Ticked in under the pillows and blankets, comes the Shadoe cat.
Given to my daughter for her 6th birthday by one of the kids invited to her party, Shadoe proved her passion for a nice comfy nap by being found snoozing in every bed under every cover in the house.

Now moved out with my daughter, she runs a whole apartment full of giggly girls and faces a gauntlet of snuggling each evening.

[Image: OdetoDaSleeper.jpg]

Oh Bleat!
07-01-2011, 06:34 AM (This post was last modified: 12-20-2011 10:08 PM by 2Beers.)
This is Merlin( aka Capt. Fuzz Nuts )...who by magic happens to live with us. I'll have to dig around and find a picture of our dog Pandora(or Panda for short) who is a Border Collie/Black Lab mix.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

"... always throw spilt salt over your left shoulder, keep rosemary by your garden gate, plant lavender for luck, and fall in love whenever you can..." Practical Magic
07-01-2011, 09:46 AM
Very nice looking pets/friends everyone!

A party without cake is really just a meeting
07-01-2011, 12:25 PM
Great looking pets everyone!!
07-01-2011, 09:22 PM
(06-30-2011 01:46 PM)Entre Nous Wrote:  And this is Amir, ready for a road trip. He's a dog trapped in a cat's body. He loves to ride in my truck, and taught me how to play "fetch" Wink

I had one like that...still miss her terribly. Same thing, she liked riding in the car/truck, would fetch and/or bring you a toy and drop it at your feet to throw for her (which like yours, she did completely on her own, didn't teach her). Even liked water, would try to get in the shower when it was running occasionally. No cattitude about her at all, she just wanted to be wherever you were, period.

I will never forget the look on her face when I took her fishing with me once, though. A friend called me up and said the fish were biting down by the boat ramp, did I want to come? I flippantly said I would, but I can't - got a cat on my lap. He knew how she was and said, 'so - just bring her too...". What the heck, why not?

So we got there and I backed the truck down the ramp (it was late and nobody had any boats out at the time) and let the gate down so we'd have a place to sit. She climbed out and went exploring, and shortly afterwards a Great Blue Heron came stalking over to see if we'd throw any fish back that he might snap up (no fools, they - they know very well what fishing poles mean). The heron and the cat noticed each other about the same time, and both started stalking towards the other; until they got close enough for the cat to realize that this was one darn big bird up close (a lot bigger than she was).

She gave it a couple of incredulous looks and then turned tail and ran back up into the truck, and would not come out again even after the heron flew off. She'd peer out every now and then and look at us with a completely bumfuzzled look - like, "what kind of mutant bird was THAT?!!"