Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Let's See Your Pets!!
07-08-2011, 12:49 PM
RE: Our furry, feathered or finned friends
Great story, OrionGal! Amir also likes water: he's always around when I mist the plants, must drink running water (will demand the sink be turned on) and sits on the edge of the tub between the curtain and liner during showers. He's very vocal and will howl if I close a door between us.

They both will chase dogs. They used to like dogs, but had a confrontation with one (no one was injured) and now all dogs are on The List.

"I will quietly resist."
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-08-2011, 02:06 PM
At the moment, I'm rodent-sitting.

I wish it was a joke. It's not.

Next door kids are away with their mom to a cottage rental for a week.

They asked me if I would watch Hammy. The Hamster.

Yep, same kids who named my fish Stripy, Spot and so forth. The same creature that got out of it's cage and I ended up getting a phone call at 3:00 in the morning - I swear I'm not making this up - to come next door and help find the little rat.

Er, hamster.

Something not quite right with those boys. Nice kids and all, but...

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain
07-08-2011, 03:30 PM
(07-08-2011 02:06 PM)old honda rider Wrote:  At the moment, I'm rodent-sitting.

I wish it was a joke. It's not.

Next door kids are away with their mom to a cottage rental for a week.

They asked me if I would watch Hammy. The Hamster.

Yep, same kids who named my fish Stripy, Spot and so forth. The same creature that got out of it's cage and I ended up getting a phone call at 3:00 in the morning - I swear I'm not making this up - to come next door and help find the little rat.

Er, hamster.

Something not quite right with those boys. Nice kids and all, but...
oh gee, an hamster that escapes! One of the 3rd grade hamsters escaped about 9 years ago. For the longest time, we could hear(wait for it...this is too cute) Hammy(yup) in the walls of the school... until the squirrels invaded(must have scared the poor thing away).
Ah the adventures teachers have....

07-11-2011, 04:37 PM
Something is getting in our hen house and taking the chicks. Lost three out of four so far. Kinda like an Agatha Christie locked-room mystery. No way in or out, but corpses litter the floor in the morning. Sad. Even went for the big chickens last night; sent them scurrying around the yard. Got home late from Boston (airport pick up) and we had to play flashlight tag running around the yard to find them. We did. Thinking it's a fisher, fox, or raccoon. We get all kinds of visitors here. Even bear.

Season's Greetings!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-11-2011, 04:49 PM
Could be Bill the cat... stoned again.

Most of us are so caught up in life that we forget to live it.
07-11-2011, 06:58 PM
(07-11-2011 04:49 PM)Mufasa Wrote:  Could be Bill the cat... stoned again.

LOL!!!!!
07-11-2011, 07:15 PM
Well, within the last 5 minutes I got a call from my neighbour (with the two kids who named my fish) saying that could she use my services to capture a wasp in their basement.

Sure, nothing to it. A rolled up magazine and a jar in case. Magazine to swat wasp, jar to put it in if it's still alive & just sort of dopy from getting whacked by a Cycle Canada magazine (June 2011 edition).

Get to the basement, see wasp, manage to get it in the jar. "Can I keep it, mom, can I keep it?" the boys say pretty much in unison

Mom is not very happy about this but to her credit she says, "As long as it is always always ALWAYS kept in the jar. Understood?"

"Yes, yes, we will mom! You're the best!!"

Eldest one pipes up. "I'm going to call him Steve."

Steve. For a wasp. Told you, those kids just ain't quite right.

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain
07-11-2011, 07:29 PM
OHR, are you writing all of this down?

07-11-2011, 08:45 PM
(07-11-2011 07:15 PM)old honda rider Wrote:  Well, within the last 5 minutes I got a call from my neighbour (with the two kids who named my fish) saying that could she use my services to capture a wasp in their basement.

Sure, nothing to it. A rolled up magazine and a jar in case. Magazine to swat wasp, jar to put it in if it's still alive & just sort of dopy from getting whacked by a Cycle Canada magazine (June 2011 edition).

Get to the basement, see wasp, manage to get it in the jar. "Can I keep it, mom, can I keep it?" the boys say pretty much in unison

Mom is not very happy about this but to her credit she says, "As long as it is always always ALWAYS kept in the jar. Understood?"

"Yes, yes, we will mom! You're the best!!"

Eldest one pipes up. "I'm going to call him Steve."

Steve. For a wasp. Told you, those kids just ain't quite right.
Rolleyes But if you say STEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVE, it sounds like the wasp is buzzing.

07-11-2011, 08:52 PM
Nettie: "Dragging the dream into existence...at the speed of a turtle! "

... named Ned? Rupert? Earl? Perhaps OHRs neighbors could come up with a unique tag.
Earl D. Turtle. I like it.