Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Hopes and Dreams for 2012
12-24-2011, 06:00 PM
RE: Hopes and Dreams for 2012
Wonderful dreams/hopes from everyone whose posted. Hmmm....this year we hope to try and get thru it without major vehicle problems.Rolleyes
Other than hoping the weather will be excellent for the Brewhaha and taking the year as it comes, that's where we are now.(Oh and Mr.2Beers says he hopes to stay ahead of Boomer on the bike milage chart).

"... always throw spilt salt over your left shoulder, keep rosemary by your garden gate, plant lavender for luck, and fall in love whenever you can..." Practical Magic
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-24-2011, 06:03 PM (This post was last modified: 12-24-2011 06:05 PM by Boomer.)
All good thoughts. Here are some of mine in no particular order!

1. Good health for Mrs B - Lord knows she has been thru a lot. Also for a friend, who is going thru some of his own health issues. I pray for him every day.
2. Another friend who is going thru some tough issues in their personal life. Lean on me any time!
3. Hoping to make a few more trips on the Harley. Needs to be safe, needs to be fun.
4. The "Boys" continue their claim to be the best progressive polka musicians around. Hey - it can happen!
5. That The Bar n Grill continues to be a success and we can continue to grow and have fun
6. That all the spammers be locked up in a small room and the key tossed into the Laurentian Abyssal
7. Perhaps I can find someone to actually teach a big ol lug like me how to play music again.
8. That my dad, for all his wisdom and intellect, can finally for once give me the keys to his Corvette!! Just a few hunnert miles Pop!
9. That each and every one of YOU can find a measure of blessing and happiness in the coming year, and that you and your families are at peace!

I'd a put No. 10 up, but somehow I think any chance that Adriana would go for a ride on my Harley with me might be just a wee bit far fetched! With a face made for radio....I have my doubts!

[Image: XmasEve2011001.jpg]

Taking off for my Christmas Eve Ride!

Primary Principle - "It must NEVER be my fault"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-24-2011, 09:08 PM
She's in the shower right now Boom. I'll tell her you asked about her....

=)~

Most of us are so caught up in life that we forget to live it.
12-24-2011, 11:59 PM
My hopes for 2012 are easy, I hope everyone has good health and fortune. The only things I want is to possibly hit Thunder Bay from my house on the first day of my great Canadian Escape in 2012Tongue, and to meet as many of you as I can. The new job is going great, I'm back to running every other day with Saturday or Sunday being joined by my Malamute running buddy, the Missus is doing great with her job(and I've not driven her completely Mad yetWink), and I've met wonderful people on this great place.

I'm taking a ride with my best friend...I hope he never lets me down again.
12-27-2011, 11:22 PM
My hopes for 2012, well.....
-I've had some rough years and this past year has actually been an improvement and I hope that this next year is even more so.
-I bought a new camera and am hoping to do something special and fun with it this year.
-I'm hoping that my husband can find a new job. He's running for a local public office and because he works for our city, if elected, he'll need to resign from his job due to a conflict of interest.
-I'm also looking forward to meeting a new niece or nephew in August Smile

A party without cake is really just a meeting
12-28-2011, 02:50 AM
It would be nice to have the First lady of a certain city as an Admin! Wink

... in a world where I feel so small I can't stop thinking big!
12-28-2011, 10:58 AM
(12-28-2011 02:50 AM)Scythe Matters Wrote:  It would be nice to have the First lady of a certain city as an Admin! Wink

Big Grin That would be so weird!

A party without cake is really just a meeting
12-28-2011, 02:18 PM
My hope is for everyone to be happy, good health and sucess in life. 2012 is going to be a interesting. Taking my first ride in an airplane next year to Germany. Be sure to eat your collard greens and black eye peas on New Year's Day.
12-28-2011, 03:02 PM
Here's my short list, also in no particular order...but things to "shoot for":

1.) To spend next Christmas with what's left of my family in New Orleans, it's been 18 years.
2.) To get my drums set back up in a safe, soundproof place so I can start playing again, it's been 15 years.
3.) For my family and friends to be healthy, happy and as prosperous as possible and to keep in touch with each of them.
4.) To be able to see Da' Boyz from the front row again without getting crushed on the "safety barrier", it's been 30 years! ('81-MP-Mobile, AL)
5.) To take my extremely patient wiff on the honeymoon we never got to take, preferably somewhere tropical, it's been 8 years.
6.) To take more time for myself as well...catch up on some reading, dust off the guitar and re-learn, get the boat out more often, etc.

Talk about procrastination, huh?! So many of the little things get in the way of things you really want or need to do...life's too short not too!Undecided

"Rollin' numbers, rock-n-rollin', got my Kiss records out!"
12-28-2011, 03:03 PM
(12-28-2011 02:18 PM)Phillip Wrote:  My hope is for everyone to be happy, good health and sucess in life. 2012 is going to be a interesting. Taking my first ride in an airplane next year to Germany. Be sure to eat your collard greens and black eye peas on New Year's Day.

Never heard of eating collard greens on New Years, but my neighbor back home ALWAYS brought over a big bowl of black eyed peas for luck!

If I'd known you were French, I'd have worn galoshes...