Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Hopes and Dreams for 2012
01-05-2012, 10:29 AM
RE: Hopes and Dreams for 2012
We're trying to plan a couple of trips this year, and I think it would be GREAT to be able to stop in and say "Hi" to my B&G buds along the way! Since we're getting a little burned out on the whole Mardi Gras thing, we'll more than likely be down there in the next couple of months.(New Orleans) Billie's never been to my homestate (NC) so I'd like to take a road trip, cross country, and see the sights and states I haven't been through or to. And of course, there's our friends in Vegas that we haven't seen in a year or two, so we'd like to take Betty (the Jag) down there, maybe drive back up the PCH and hit a few stops along the way too. Natachally' all this will depend on work and available funds, but if we start planning and saving now...who knows?!!Big Grin

"Rollin' numbers, rock-n-rollin', got my Kiss records out!"
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-05-2012, 02:21 PM
Hopes and Dreams for 2012...........100 years to go........Then we can "assume control".....
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-05-2012, 03:39 PM
(01-04-2012 11:11 PM)Bageleth Wrote:  I know of at least 7 of us in the PNW

Well, I'm planning a weekend get-together here at Avalon for this summer if ya'll are up for it Big Grin

... in a world where I feel so small I can't stop thinking big!
02-03-2012, 08:05 AM
Just a quick update on a few of the items on my wish-list for 2012:

First, my Dad's house is making good progress given the mild winter and generous support of family and friends. Many, many angels continue to provide him with free labor and discounts on materials, and my Grandma has willingly given him a portion of his inheritance so he hasn't needed to obtain a loan and/or drain his retirement savings. I am truly relieved and thankful!

Second, I had a phone interview yesterday for a job that I literally stumbled upon, right in my own backyard. I won't go into detail yet, but, it may start-out small and evolve into something I could really enjoy that will utilize my event-planning background and fulfill my insatiable desire to travel and meet new people. Would mostly be working from home, but the logistics of kid-care during the travel portions will be the biggest challenge and potential barrier. Should know next week whether I'll get an in-person interview, but I'm hopeful!

How's everyone else's 2012 to-do list going thus far???

"I cook with wine, sometimes I even add it to the food."
W. C. Fields
02-03-2012, 10:45 PM
That's great, Deb! I'm crossing my fingers for you Big Grin

Re: my dream... still nothing from Alex but I am sure he is very busy right now. I hope he gets the time to look at the screenplay soon, though. Undecided

02-04-2012, 12:29 AM
How are my hopes and dreams going?
Well, my house was the venue for a huge baby shower for my niece last week, so it's been the family gathering place of late.
The grand niece is no longer threatening to come early, much to the chagrin of her mom.

As for my health, this nice weather is not being not to my allergies.
Oh well, we could be looking at 2 feet of snow, like we were last year at this time. I'll just have to deal with the allergies!

02-04-2012, 02:43 AM
nettie, have you tried eating local honey? That helps sometimes.

02-04-2012, 08:54 AM
(02-04-2012 02:43 AM)Scythe Matters Wrote:  nettie, have you tried eating local honey? That helps sometimes.

Yes, we have that in the house, lots of it. However, our winds are out of the southwest, bringing all of the pollutants, pollen, and dust from warmer climates. I'm not the only one having trouble. Most of my friends who have allergies are miserable as well. The wind is usually out of the northwest, or west this time of year(Canandian air trough). I'm getting exposed to stuff that I don't usually breathe any time of year. It's not local.Sad

02-05-2012, 03:55 AM
Yuck! Well I hope you have something that will ease them for you.

I don't have allergies but Ren Man and Katie do. They both take loratadine. The best allergy med was hisminol, which Ren Man used to take but too many people didn't obey the dosage rules so they took it off the market. He's never found anything that works as well....

02-05-2012, 12:16 PM (This post was last modified: 02-05-2012 04:28 PM by Nettie.)
Well, I found the source of my wheezing this morning. It's my makeup. Argh. Now I have to look for a new brand, again.
However, the wheezing has stopped, and I could sing this morning for the first time in a month. So that made me happy!