Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What does the crown represent?
01-03-2012, 07:50 PM
Information What does the crown represent?
I have read about the name, and martini glass, so there has to be something about the crown. I am often asked by friends, and I have no answer, only assumptions. Could someone in the know, please provide an answer? Cheers

Evil is when good people do nothing!

Good judgment comes from experience, and experience - well, that comes from poor judgment!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-03-2012, 09:35 PM
RE: What does the crown represent?
Maybe A Farewell to Kings? or eat like a King?

01-03-2012, 09:35 PM
A few have asked that question D. In all honesty, I have never pursued the answer. I'll see what I can find out.

Welcome, by the way.

Most of us are so caught up in life that we forget to live it.
01-03-2012, 09:42 PM
Well...that is a good question, and I don't have a answer, but I can share a story.
When I went to "Time Machine" when it was in Portland last year, my Hubby and I shared a box with another couple that we didn't know.
The other husband asked me about the shirt I was wearing (which was the black/white/turquoise bowling shirt, which has a large crown on the back).
He wanted to know if I worked for Burger King.
I looked at him distainfully and said "Uh..No." Dodgy

"Life ain't like books.
Books got somebody writin' 'em and tryin' to entertain ya.
Life is more like a set of Legos.
Unless you take care of 'em, you lose a few pieces and you end up steppin' on 'em with bare feet.
You gotta take care of your life."
~Laura Moncur
01-03-2012, 09:46 PM
Actually, I can't wear any Bubba's merchandise anywhere but to a show. There's a gang here that uses that crown as their symbol, and I work in that part of town. Wearing that crown could mean trouble for me.

01-04-2012, 10:37 AM (This post was last modified: 01-04-2012 10:46 AM by N'awlins.)
I wore mine out New Years' Eve HWG, and got at least 10 compliments on it! Of course, there were those who had no idea what the B&G was all about, so I had lots of splainin' to do. One friend even said it made me look like I work at an old diner, so that's a good thing!
I was wondering...since bowling is about the only "sport" that me and the wiff can enjoy together anymore, if we might be able to use the B&G shirts, logo, and name to form a local team? No money or profit involved, just a cool, beer swillin' bunch that would have the sweetest team colors on the planet! Hmmmm?!Idea

"Rollin' numbers, rock-n-rollin', got my Kiss records out!"
01-04-2012, 10:40 AM
(01-03-2012 09:46 PM)nettiesaur Wrote:  Actually, I can't wear any Bubba's merchandise anywhere but to a show. There's a gang here that uses that crown as their symbol, and I work in that part of town. Wearing that crown could mean trouble for me.

That is so sad Nettie - I suppose I'm isolated from that garbage up here and maybe a bit ignorant, but what the he#* is the world coming too???
01-04-2012, 11:04 AM
(01-04-2012 10:40 AM)onebad70ss Wrote:  
(01-03-2012 09:46 PM)nettiesaur Wrote:  Actually, I can't wear any Bubba's merchandise anywhere but to a show. There's a gang here that uses that crown as their symbol, and I work in that part of town. Wearing that crown could mean trouble for me.

That is so sad Nettie - I suppose I'm isolated from that garbage up here and maybe a bit ignorant, but what the he#* is the world coming too???

Their symbol is a little different, but they view any crown as theirs, and the rival gangs do as well. It is sad. We had to be very careful about what we put on our school uniforms. Many of the designs the kids submitted had some form of gang symbol involved.
Inner city culture is so very different. Even the kids whose parents aren't involved in the gang culture see the symbols in their neighborhoods, and it is reflected in their art. I've had to tell them not to include things in their pictures because they are gang signs. They are so little that they have no clue that's what it is, but if I let it go and their parents saw it, I'd be in trouble!

01-04-2012, 11:20 AM
Thank you for the insight Nettie
Stay safe out there!!!
01-04-2012, 06:03 PM
Nettie, that sounds like a right pain in the butt. Not only not being able to wear your B&G stuff but having to keep such a sharp eye on the kid's artwork.... But glad they have someone so smart and sharp to keep them out of trouble.

... in a world where I feel so small I can't stop thinking big!