Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What does the crown represent?
01-04-2012, 11:09 PM
RE: What does the crown represent?
Didn't Bubba mention in one of his blogs about cooking, about "the queen's portion" which meant an extra portion should unexpected company arrive? Could the crown represent that (though it's probably a longshot)?

A party without cake is really just a meeting
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-04-2012, 11:36 PM
(01-04-2012 11:09 PM)Bageleth Wrote:  Didn't Bubba mention in one of his blogs about cooking, about "the queen's portion" which meant an extra portion should unexpected company arrive? Could the crown represent that (though it's probably a longshot)?

That reminds me of my Dad - a native of Burma [thusly my handle], a former British colony - making mention of "saving the Queen's portion," or chastising our behavior by starting in with, "If the Queen were here...."

Blah blah blah....yada yada yada!
Find all posts by this user
01-04-2012, 11:55 PM
Wait, what's the significance of the martini glass? Huh

Love and respect...
Turn up the music and smile!
ASSTA Member
01-05-2012, 06:51 AM
Lisa, I think you are right.
Cd, it's a bar and grill.

01-05-2012, 07:58 AM
(01-04-2012 11:55 PM)CanyonDancer Wrote:  Wait, what's the significance of the martini glass? Huh

Neil saw this on many of the bars in an area he was in and thought it looked good, and I believe he said inviting - come on in for a drink.

Evil is when good people do nothing!

Good judgment comes from experience, and experience - well, that comes from poor judgment!
01-05-2012, 08:07 AM (This post was last modified: 01-05-2012 08:08 AM by Scooter Britches.)
(01-05-2012 06:51 AM)nettiesaur Wrote:  Cd, it's a bar and grill.

Oh, is THAT what BnG means? Tongue

(01-05-2012 07:58 AM)DMuckle Wrote:  
(01-04-2012 11:55 PM)CanyonDancer Wrote:  Wait, what's the significance of the martini glass? Huh

Neil saw this on many of the bars in an area he was in and thought it looked good, and I believe he said inviting - come on in for a drink.

Ah, ok...must've missed that somewhere...thanks...

Love and respect...
Turn up the music and smile!
ASSTA Member
01-06-2012, 02:42 PM (This post was last modified: 01-06-2012 02:43 PM by VincentUlyssis.)
(01-04-2012 11:09 PM)Bageleth Wrote:  Didn't Bubba mention in one of his blogs about cooking, about "the queen's portion" which meant an extra portion should unexpected company arrive? Could the crown represent that (though it's probably a longshot)?

Your memory scares me.Wink
I bought the fridge magnet and stuck it on one of my model railroad buildings, so in my little imagination we all get together there Fridays after work for a toast with Bubba as the little train goes by.
01-06-2012, 03:05 PM
(01-06-2012 02:42 PM)VincentUlyssis Wrote:  

Your memory scares me.Wink

I hear that a lot Smile

A party without cake is really just a meeting
01-07-2012, 05:49 AM
Looking at the back of our bowling shirts last night, I noticed that the second "spire" from the left on the crown has the coloring reversed? Any significance to that, d'ya think?

... in a world where I feel so small I can't stop thinking big!
01-09-2012, 12:30 PM
SM, if you go back to the site, Bubba's sign is animated and the second spires' bulb is out, hence the discoloration. That's my guess.

Season's Greetings!