Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Mobile BnG???
01-06-2012, 10:47 AM (This post was last modified: 01-06-2012 10:50 AM by debskis.)
Mobile BnG???
First, let me state for the record that I am NOT a country music fan by any stretch! However, while watching some show on HGTV (I think) recently where cameras are allowed into the tour busses of various celebs, they highlighted the digs of The Zac Brown Band.

Stay with me because here's the part I found extremely interesting: Not only does Zac Brown do meet & greets before each show, he does EAT & GREETS! He is a former chef who still loves to cook, so he has an entire semi trailer full of top-o-the line kitchen equipment, and several staff who prepare a HUGE meal for approx 150 fans before each tour stop! Zac Brown does his meet & greets during that meal and then goes off to sound check, etc.

How awesome would it be for us Grillers to take the BnG on the road and serve real meals to folks!?!? Idea Bubba approved and tested menu, of course, and maybe the other boys could come there for the meet & greets instead of backstage? I can just see the BnG logo on the side of a huge semi rolling into the various venues!! We could even sell tickets for the meals and donate the proceeds to local charities, or Grapes for Humanity or whatever cause is close to Bubba's heart. The possibilites are endless!

Here's a pic of the Zac Brown rig w/tents pulled over from the sides. I just might hafta listen to his music just because I love this idea so much!
Oh...ooops...the photo was a gif file...not accepted. Here's a link to the NYTimes slideshow of one of their Eat & Greets:

http://www.nytimes.com/slideshow/2011/08...WN_SS.html

Attached File(s)
.gif  Zac Brown.gif (Size: 43 bytes / Downloads: 91)

"I cook with wine, sometimes I even add it to the food."
W. C. Fields
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-06-2012, 11:47 AM
RE: Mobile BnG???
Actually - this is pretty common amongst the country music acts travelling around. I do happen to enjoy some cow jazz, and about 13 yrs ago we won tickets to see George Strait, which included that same dinner. Now - you want to talk about BBQ. Wow! I was stuffed after the dinner, and then he walks around shakes everyones hand. Zac Brown Band has some great music and I have even heard of them serving up small margaritas on occassion at their shows. Some acts won't do that, but the better ones IMHO do stuff like this just to have a great time with the fans, so this idea would have merit for the BnG folks I think.

Primary Principle - "It must NEVER be my fault"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-06-2012, 12:40 PM
Great idea Deb!Will bring my apron and ladle.

Shifting & Drifting
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-06-2012, 01:42 PM
That's a great idea! I mean the tie in with this group and cooking is a natural! Plus I can't think of a better way to do a meet and greet than breaking bread among folks with a common interest. No to mention donating the proceeds to something like Grapes for Humanity really puts the good into good food. If you need a line cook, have Bubba hat will travel! Big Grin

Oh Bleat!
01-06-2012, 03:08 PM
(01-06-2012 11:47 AM)boomer Wrote:  Actually - this is pretty common amongst the country music acts travelling around. I do happen to enjoy some cow jazz, and about 13 yrs ago we won tickets to see George Strait, which included that same dinner. Now - you want to talk about BBQ. Wow! I was stuffed after the dinner, and then he walks around shakes everyones hand. Zac Brown Band has some great music and I have even heard of them serving up small margaritas on occassion at their shows. Some acts won't do that, but the better ones IMHO do stuff like this just to have a great time with the fans, so this idea would have merit for the BnG folks I think.

Cow Jazz???? Now that's a new one...very funny Boomer!!!

W. C. Fields
01-06-2012, 09:45 PM
Cow Jazz...must be thier innerds...or something like that. I like the meat part of the cow best.

"One ounce perception...One pound obscure"
01-06-2012, 09:57 PM
I've heard the cow jazz thing. Some people in my family had dairy farms. The cows gave more milk when they play country, hence cow jazz.

01-06-2012, 10:03 PM (This post was last modified: 01-06-2012 10:03 PM by 2Beers.)
Yeah we know of some farm families that will have classical music on for the cows. They do like to mix it up a bit and play a country station or even the local rock one. Oh, and there is the one station---shudder--- that plays polka music too.

"... always throw spilt salt over your left shoulder, keep rosemary by your garden gate, plant lavender for luck, and fall in love whenever you can..." Practical Magic
01-06-2012, 10:03 PM
(01-06-2012 09:57 PM)nettiesaur Wrote:  I've heard the cow jazz thing. Some people in my family had dairy farms. The cows gave more milk when they play country, hence cow jazz.

Interesting...I wonder if they would give The Macallan if we played them 2112???
Tongue

W. C. Fields
01-06-2012, 10:14 PM
(01-06-2012 10:03 PM)debskis Wrote:  
(01-06-2012 09:57 PM)nettiesaur Wrote:  I've heard the cow jazz thing. Some people in my family had dairy farms. The cows gave more milk when they play country, hence cow jazz.

Interesting...I wonder if they would give The Macallan if we played them 2112???
Tongue

lol, I think the milk would curdle.