Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Food Under Pressure??
03-18-2017, 10:57 AM
RE: Food Under Pressure??
(03-16-2017 01:20 PM)Nung Wrote:  
(03-14-2017 08:47 AM)LiveToCook Wrote:  
(03-13-2017 03:17 PM)Nung Wrote:  So I was prepared to start a new thread about my new pressure cooker/crock pot gizmo but saw this older thread....so revive it will!

My mom, like many in the 60's, used a pressure cooker on the stove to save time and make lesser cuts of meat more tender. I never used one myself...I guess like many, I was a bit scared of the thing blowing up.

But recently my wife bought one of the new all-in-one designs and I do like many aspects of it. The speed of cooking certainly is a good thing. And it has made me revisit many of those filling, comfort food-like stews and soup recipes.

The thing does take some time to get used to but seems worth the effort. Anyone using one?
Nice... You will really enjoy the use of this phenomenal tool! As thge trend is picking up, there are now some excellent recipe books available out there. One that I recommend is ''225 Best Pressure Cooker Recipes'' by Cinda Chavich. The recipes contained in this book are simple and proven, I have tried quite a few and they are all very good. Go for it and let me know if you try them or need help.

We ordered a used copy of the book.
Thanks, again!

Let me know what you think of it!!!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply