Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Grey Area
03-04-2012, 03:10 AM
RE: Grey Area
My thoughts are with you and your family, Deb. I found this to go with the Rainbow Bridge poem:

I have loved you from the day you came into my life,
and now it is time for me to let you go.
I could not watch you suffer,
I could not see you in pain.
Now you are free.
Your body is no longer sick,
or weak, or hurting.
Now you can run with the others,
playing and hunting as wild things do.
Because I loved you,
I had to let you go.
You will live forever in my heart. Heart

... in a world where I feel so small I can't stop thinking big!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-04-2012, 01:17 PM
(((Heart )))Debskis

"... always throw spilt salt over your left shoulder, keep rosemary by your garden gate, plant lavender for luck, and fall in love whenever you can..." Practical Magic
03-05-2012, 11:48 AM
We too have a little memorial stone in our yard Deb for our "Baby" we lost last year. The inscription on it reads "The Good Ones steal our hearts, and give us Theirs", so true. We're thinking of you today!

"Rollin' numbers, rock-n-rollin', got my Kiss records out!"
03-05-2012, 01:56 PM
So sorry to hear Deb...

They take a little piece of your heart with them when they go..
Take care, will be thinking of you and your family today...
03-05-2012, 06:48 PM
I haven't commented until now,because I couldn't without tears. My sister had to put her sweet little Westie down three years ago, and that's still fresh.
Pets are family members! My sympathies on the loss of your sweet little Zack.

03-05-2012, 06:57 PM
Thank you everyone...thank you so much. Really felt your prayers and thoughts and cyber-hugs today. So, so hard and I'm a bit of a wreck, but I know that time will heal. Todd had to take him on his own today b/c my son came down with a stomach bug at school, but we think that actually was for the best. Not that I'm glad A is sick, of course...

It's gonna be so weird around here without my little stinker following me around making messes for me to clean up!!

"I cook with wine, sometimes I even add it to the food."
W. C. Fields
03-05-2012, 07:13 PM
Hang in there Deb. Your other little one needs you to clean messes now....
Prayers to you!

If I'd known you were French, I'd have worn galoshes...
03-06-2012, 06:54 PM
Someone once told me that losing beloved pets throughout one's life prepares a person for the inevitable loss of beloved people. I'm still trying to figure out what we can do to prepare us for losing pets. Time heals. Deepest sympathy for you Deb.

Following my morale compass
03-06-2012, 07:22 PM
Good friends of ours breed standard Bull Terriers, and we used to foster rescues. I'd like to think they all get to go to that nice big off-leash area where bones are big and no one has to scoop poop.
03-07-2012, 07:39 AM (This post was last modified: 03-07-2012 08:00 AM by debskis.)
Here's a copy of The Rainbow Bridge poem that was posted on FB by a good friend...get yer tissues!

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our pets are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; Her eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your dog, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

~Author Unknown
    [quote='debskis' pid='33621' dateline='1331127560']

Still can't figger out how to make the pix show-up big!
Also, admins, wondering how to rename this thread so it is more obvious to people what it's about? Maybe someone else who might be facing the same dilemma in the future might be helped by reading it. Something like "Saying Goodbye to our Furry Friends" or something like that???

Tx!

"I cook with wine, sometimes I even add it to the food."
W. C. Fields