Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Cooper's Pit Bar B Que- Llano, Texas
04-26-2010, 06:14 PM (This post was last modified: 04-26-2010 06:17 PM by Agent 77.)
Cooper's Pit Bar B Que- Llano, Texas
It ain't fancy.
You get in line at the pit and order your Q from the pit guy, who slices, forks, tongs, or whatevers it onto a tray.
You go inside and go through a line to order your sides.
Don't forget to order your iced tea, as there is no bar.
Pick up some beans and onions by the iced tea station.
Find a table with a local or one by yourself; the bread and paper towels await you there.
Wrap yourself around some of the best Texas Bar B Que in the state.

"Sometimes...... It just be's that way"----U.P. Wilson

"What a man hears- he may doubt.
What a man sees- he may possibly doubt.
What a man does- he can never doubt." --- I wish I could remember who said it
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-27-2010, 09:31 AM
RE: Cooper's Pit Bar B Que- Llano, Texas
That whole area around Austin looks like a dream for BBQ lovers. I've heard that Lockhart calls itself the BBQ capital of Texas. True? And "The Barbecue Trail" starting just north of Austin and running south to Luling looks like a nice drive too. I've heard good things about Kreuz Market in Lockhart, City Market in Luling and Taylor Cafe in Taylor. Do you live in that area you lucky dog?

Sacred cows make the best hamburgers.

I bought a doughnut and they gave me a receipt for the doughtnut... I don't need a receipt for the doughnut. I give you money and you give me the doughnut, end of transaction. We don't need to bring ink and paper into this. I can't imagine a scenario that I would have to prove that I bought a doughnut. To some skeptical friend, 'Don't even act like I didn't get that doughnut, I've got the documentation right here... It's in my file at home. ...Under "D".'
04-28-2010, 04:01 PM
RE: Cooper's Pit Bar B Que- Llano, Texas
Many moons ago I was living in Ft Worth and was lucky enough to have a real good friend who bought a few acres in Llano, so I spent quite a bit of time there. Now I call northern California home.

Should you ever find the time and inclination, I definately recommend the trail. There is so much history in the area to explore.
Of course, there's always Luckenbach, with all it's own history, both of the distant past, and the recent past.
But the entire hill country area is special, and well worth a visit.
At least, that's this guys opinion.

"Sometimes...... It just be's that way"----U.P. Wilson

"What a man hears- he may doubt.
What a man sees- he may possibly doubt.
What a man does- he can never doubt." --- I wish I could remember who said it